Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: How long has ESC ended play instead of paused?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I find it a bit unnatural to just end emulation with one button press - especially one so common for pausing. What is the purpose of it ending the game?
Not really, a lot of emulators end emulation with esc, most notably MAME & MESS. I take it this way, esc stands for escape, thus it's natural one wants to escape the running the program with it. I'll say to pause a emu game use the start button of the system emulated of add the functionality to the pause key
(01-02-2011, 04:43 AM)te_lanus Wrote: [ -> ]Not really, a lot of emulators end emulation with esc, most notably MAME & MESS. I take it this way, esc stands for escape, thus it's natural one wants to escape the running the program with it. I'll say to pause a emu game use the start button of the system emulated of add the functionality to the pause key

Yes, but in PCSX2, when you hit Escape, it brings you back to the main screen, but under "File" is an option to "Resume". You "Stop" the game, but you don't lose your progress.
You can change it under config -> display -> hotkeys.