Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: No keyboard response
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

paindeer

New to Dolphin.

Have met all requirements on your Dependency thread.

I see Dolphin load up the app and emulate - standard GC screen- Press any Key.

No keys though.

I set under Configure to use Dolphin Event Pad.

I tried setting it to controller is plugged in, then unchecking that.

I tried setting new keys to be mapped, nothing.

Any ideas ? Amazing SO much works up to the point of - no keyboard access.

I do not have a controller atm.

Thanks in advance, I did read over the forum, I saw the post on check dependencies - but I still have not resolved this problem.

No keys seems to do anything, EXCEPT Function keys, so I know the kb is being read, Function keys cause something to show up on the screen - I forget. Just a line at the time.

Well hope to hear something back, would be great to get this operating.
What SVN are you using?, yours is not the first case i've seen today...

paindeer

(03-27-2009, 09:42 AM)CacoFFF Wrote: [ -> ]What SVN are you using?, yours is not the first case i've seen today...

Love that animated gif bug there...

I have tried latest SVN, pretty much every single one that's out there I could find - about 5 of them - including the latest listed here.

are a few.

I had some earlier ones too - thinking maybe it was just the release.

Windows XP - Dual core - 3 GB RAM - forget video card, but I can see that's not the problem - the emulator comes up with test ISO and it's rather impressive how accurate it all is.

Just sad- as a programmer myself - heh, ALL of that works - but fail on simple keyboard interface- I will get a controller to test that- but I think something might be askew here.

Very impressive though to see this project at this stage... That others have no issue, clearly it's a very successful project so far.

It's the way things should be.

creative people who create - for sake of creating.

If that's not art, I don't know what is !
(03-27-2009, 07:31 AM)paindeer Wrote: [ -> ]New to Dolphin.

Have met all requirements on your Dependency thread.

I see Dolphin load up the app and emulate - standard GC screen- Press any Key.

No keys though.

I set under Configure to use Dolphin Event Pad.

I tried setting it to controller is plugged in, then unchecking that.

I tried setting new keys to be mapped, nothing.

Any ideas ? Amazing SO much works up to the point of - no keyboard access.

I do not have a controller atm.

Thanks in advance, I did read over the forum, I saw the post on check dependencies - but I still have not resolved this problem.

No keys seems to do anything, EXCEPT Function keys, so I know the kb is being read, Function keys cause something to show up on the screen - I forget. Just a line at the time.

Well hope to hear something back, would be great to get this operating.

Someone plz answer this...everything is working 4 me i used a dolphin version 1.03 internal beta and keyboard works but on later versions like svn 2740, 2745, 1456 and x86 nightly the keyboard doesn't work plz answer and also although keyboard works on v1.03 its rly slow and on the other versions its extremely fast.... help its sad i need the keyboard to work...
try newer release.
The only keyboard plugin that works for me is the KB/X360 Pad. I could never get the Event Pad plugin to work. If you don't see the KB/360 plugin in your Pad plugins list, make sure you've installed the DX9 Updater and VC 2008 SP1. Links are located under Dolphin Requirements in the General Discussion forums
event pad plugin is never usable. don't use it, that's why you don't see it inside my archive to avoid public confusion.
That's a weird issue, i've seen ppl not being able to make dolphin recognise their keyboard signals.

I've read about some virtual joystick program, never tested it since never needed to.
If you can map keys to the virtual joystick, then you should have no problem running dolphin with nJoy plugin.
I posted this in another thread but I was running into a problem where dolphin would crash if I used the usb controller setting. The KB/360 setting works for my keyboard only. The way I got around that is to use xpadder and just map the buttons to the KB/360 without controllers, then remap that using xpadder.
here is the link for xpadder Xpadder So you don't have to search for it Big Grin