Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Wii curser
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a problem the pointer on the screen is rapid moving (with brakes) accros the screen.
I have used a wireless sensorbar from Gamestop produced by MadCatz or the originaly Nitendo WII sensorbar with a turned on WII.
configuration as in the pictures.
i used the revision 6700 from the download page.
I done following tasks:
1. update to rev. 6701
2. disconnect the 3d vision IRlight emitter it could work as a second sensorbar
but it doesn´t help.
The cursor doesn't actually point accurately where you point. The pointer area is smaller than the actual screen surface (After all, the wii doesn't know your screen size). Since the wiimote is meant to be used several meters away from the screen, you're are having a greater innaccuracy problem if you are closer probably.

Btw "Wii curser" I like itTongue
But if i change the resolution into 640X480 it schould work (because it´s the native resolution) or not?
btw i use the same monitor for wii and pc
No it doesn´t work.
http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread.php?tid=14080

look. try 6697 and wait till smo finds out what needs to be done to fix that =)

edit: if this is not your problem check with an old handy cam that has no IR filter if there are other ir light sources.
The same error ocured.
I have checked for IR Light but only saw visual light and sensor bar what could i do.
To explain the error it looks like the corser jumps.
Sounds like the IR tracking is getting confused with which lights to track. Being too close to the sensor bar will create inter-reflections in the filter on the wiimote, making it see more lights than there actually are, also if the lights are too bright it will do the same thing.

One thing I did to find a good position is download the WiimoteLib and run the WiimoteText executable. This will show you all kinds of data the wiimote is sending to the PC, but most important for the sensor bar it shows in the lower left corner a picture estimation of what the wiimote tracking data looks like. When you find a good sensor bar position it will show at least 2 of the LEDs in that picture estimation and a green dot between them which represents their mid point, the mid point is used for cursor location estimates in wii games. When the green dot moves smoothly instead of jumping around, that's going to be the best spot you can pick for the sensor bar.
In this software there aren´t any errors.
But in Dolphin there are several errors in Boomblox smaschparty the pointer rotates and move to different directions in other games the pointer jumps (move rapidly).
I use 64Bit.
I have tested 2.0 and there isn´t this bug.