Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Quick overclocking question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I've been trying to overclock my e5200 (which should go up to at least 4Ghz from 2.5Ghz)
However, I've been doing research and my system (Intel DG41RQ) seems to have those options locked and they don't even appear in pre-boot BIOS menus.

Then I found the Intel Integrator tool and saw those options there like this:
[Image: mvwk8h3grskf4lvugyjr.jpg]

They seem to be changeable (although they're in gray unlike all other options), but whenever I update my bios with increased Processor Multiplier nothing changes, and checking the BIOS with Integrator after the update shows that the number didn't change.

So my question is: is there a way to unlock those options/make the changes actually apply?
Is your computer custom, or a consumer computer? If it's lets say a dell, acer hp compaq etc. There is no way to change any of the settings, plus to bring your computer up and extra 1.5 ghz you will need better cooling than stock.
1. My PC is custom, I constructed it myself (sadly I didn't take note that Intel motherboards say FU to overclockers), however it seems that the Intel Desktop DG41RQ Motherboard and BIOS are indeed locked, and from what I understand, there's not a single way to unlock it, unless a modded BIOS, but that scares me and manual CPU modifications which is even scarier.

2. I did read everything about heat-sinks, coolers and volatges involded in overclocking and I could get new heat-sink and cooler quite cheap.

Anyhow, thanks for the help.
This tool (setfsb) could help
link:http://www13.plala.or.jp/setfsb/
Wow, never tried to look for something like that, but all I found was outdated tools.
Huge thanks, I'll try it out tomorrow (11:30 PM here) and let you know if I succeed.
Thanks again.

EDIT: Seems my board is not supported in the list, but I'll try it out anyway.
Please be careful and @ your first post your Cpu has a fixed multiplikator so an higher multiplikator wouldn´t change anything you must looke for FSB / Frontsidebus/CPU/reference clock or else (if the tool doesn´t work) it´s in the advance tab or under advanced chipsetconfiguration.