Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: HUGE FPS drop in Zelda: wind waker
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

vhryl

When I start Zelda wind waker, the fps is fine until I go down from the tower in the beginning of the game. I get a huge fps drop when there's much background to load, if you know what am saying. That means if I just stand to a wall the fps is great.

And I've tried many different settings, even with the performance guide. I still can't get a constant fps when I play.
I've downloaded the lastest drivers to my graphic card and directX.

I use Dolphin 2.0 and I've tried many versions. Between 4,000 and 6,00, none of them make the fps better :/
Forgot to mention that I have the same problem in every game I play Sad

Computer specs:
windows xp win32
GeForce 8800GT 512mb
Amd athlon 64 x2 dual core 6400+
2gb RAM

Thanks in advance!
(12-31-2010, 12:09 AM)vhryl Wrote: [ -> ]When I start Zelda wind waker, the fps is fine until I go down from the tower in the beginning of the game. I get a huge fps drop when there's much background to load, if you know what am saying. That means if I just stand to a wall the fps is great.

And I've tried many different settings, even with the performance guide. I still can't get a constant fps when I play.
I've downloaded the lastest drivers to my graphic card and directX.

I use Dolphin 2.0 and I've tried many versions. Between 4,000 and 6,00, none of them make the fps better :/
Forgot to mention that I have the same problem in every game I play Sad

Computer specs:
windows xp win32
GeForce 8800GT 512mb
Amd athlon 64 x2 dual core 6400+
2gb RAM

Thanks in advance!

post your config here....

vhryl

Here you go.
Turn off safe texture cache. Beyond that their is nothing more you can do. Your cpu might struggle with certain areas, it's right on the border of "strong enough" for this game.

vhryl

(12-31-2010, 10:51 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]Turn off safe texture cache. Beyond that their is nothing more you can do. Your cpu might struggle with certain areas, it's right on the border of "strong enough" for this game.

Ok thanks for your help! Smile
turn the frame limiter from auto to off. My computer vent from 42 fps to 340. hahaha