Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Three quick questions about Dolphin...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

StarSonata

Hello there! I just caught wind of Dolphin about a week ago, and am just blown away that there's a great functioning Wii emulator out there now! I was wondering a few things about it though that the FAQ doesn't cover:

1) How exactly is the Sensor Bar emulated, or do I need to buy one for the PC?

2) One of the biggest things I love about my Wii is the ability to play light gun games via emulators on The Homebrew Channel. Using a Wiimote to play games such as Duck Hunt, Hogan's Alley, and Lethal Enforcers again is the next best thing to actually holding a NES Zapper or Sega Justifier in my hand.

Is there anyway possible I can run Dolphin on my PC, output the video to my LCD TV, and then play light gun games on my TV screen? If there was a way to do this, I would be in light gun heaven!

3) Is Wii Fit and the Balance Board compatible with Dolphin, and if it isn't, is that something that will be incorporated in the future?
(12-30-2010, 08:35 PM)StarSonata Wrote: [ -> ]Hello there! I just caught wind of Dolphin about a week ago, and am just blown away that there's a great functioning Wii emulator out there now! I was wondering a few things about it though that the FAQ doesn't cover:

1) How exactly is the Sensor Bar emulated, or do I need to buy one for the PC?

2) One of the biggest things I love about my Wii is the ability to play light gun games via emulators on The Homebrew Channel. Using a Wiimote to play games such as Duck Hunt, Hogan's Alley, and Lethal Enforcers again is the next best thing to actually holding a NES Zapper or Sega Justifier in my hand.

Is there anyway possible I can run Dolphin on my PC, output the video to my LCD TV, and then play light gun games on my TV screen? If there was a way to do this, I would be in light gun heaven!

3) Is Wii Fit and the Balance Board compatible with Dolphin, and if it isn't, is that something that will be incorporated in the future?

1) Everyone asks that. The sensorbar has no frickin sensors its just 2 ir leds. Buy wireless one or use 2 candles or whatever emits IR light. Be creative.

2.1) After doing the sensor bar thing you can use ur wiimote as pointer in dolphin like a real wiimote.
With programs like glovepie you can use your wiimote as mouse and therefore should be able to play even all PC games. (browse this forum or use google to find out how to set up the mouse thingy)

2.2) If you can connect the pc to tv you can output the video there. And if the "sensor bar" is at the tv and the pc blutooth is in reach you can controll it with the wiimote ofc.

3.) sry i dont know ^^

3) Balance Board can't be used with Dolphin, yet. No one is really working on that either, though...