Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Problem I had with Zelda: Twilight Princess and how I fixed it
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

masterofwar14

I'm using Dolphin SVN R 6679 and the settings are different from all of the other posts I've seen on here. I played with the default settings that the dolphin came with other than changing resolution, and everything worked fine till I had to howl at this altar thing for the first time. It just froze and gave me a complier error, so the first thing I did was...

[Image: 2hs926e.png]

I changed the complier to JITIL experimental recomplier and it fixed that problem.

Afterwards, I did the howling and went to the 'cliff' scene w/ me and the ethereal wolf, when I hit 'A' to start the howl again, the same thing happened, after fidgeting around with it a bit, I ended up changing the graphics plugin from OpenGL to Dolphin Direct3D9 and had to disregard some other posts for the game-specific properties...

[Image: voqy37.png]

Other posts I saw said to disable XFB, but it wouldn't work without it. Others also said something about 'Safe Texture Cache' but I couldn't find that, but figured 'Accurate' was the same thing, so left that unchecked.

I hope this helps someone at least, figured I'd post in case anyone else has the problem. If anyone has any questions about my computer specs or anything at all, just ask

Well apparently choosing 'Zelda Twilight Princess Bloom hack' from the drop down box (not the one thats a check box that says 'ZTP hack') makes the minimap invisible (I thought for a while that I was just stupid and didn't know how to make the minimap show lol) and I don't see any difference in the bloom with it on/off, but that may be because I care more about the minimap than that Tongue
dont use opengl it is outdated.
"outdated"?
It might be slower but it surely isn't outdated..
This problem randomly occurs/doesn't occur. The reason you got through it probably had nothing to do with your settings but simply the fact that you tried it over again several times. Especially since the settings you changed have absolutely nothing to do with this issue.
JitIL could have something to do with it.
Nah! It is a sort of random crash. Just quicksave before howling, quicksave again if you were able to start howling, then quicksave again when you finished process. If you get crashed, reload and retry.

And try to quicksave like wild and try to keep your save as close as possible to the point at which you are experiencing the crash. That helped for me at various occassions.

DISCLAIMER : Remember to make a quicksave on whole different number (like one with F10 or with specific name manually). This process usually causes your quicksave file to get corrupted due to continuous saves and reloads.

masterofwar14

The other issue that I added, the one about the mini-map not showing if you turn on the Zelda: twilight princess bloom hack from the drop-down box happens every time though, but either its a huge coincidence or these settings do fix it because I tried the howling thing 5 times with these settings and it didn't mess up once for me, but messed up every time before changing to these settings

masterofwar14

Update: I had to change the complier back to the default (JIT Recompiler) to stop the game from freezing on the cut-scene after killing the final boss in the water temple.
It really looks like the new revisions have screwed up this game a bit...
I'm using r6297 (or something like that) and I get nearly no problem.
(12-31-2010, 04:47 PM)masterofwar14 Wrote: [ -> ]Update: I had to change the complier back to the default (JIT Recompiler) to stop the game from freezing on the cut-scene after killing the final boss in the water temple.

Thanks for that tipp Smile Had the same Problem 20 minutes ago.But after you found zelda and it gives a error message.Trying to change it again.

Edit : Ok didnĀ“t help.
Again this Error Message.
[Image: unbenanntyr.png]
Pages: 1 2