Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Every second (30 fps) Dolphin stops for 3 seconds
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

-DarkAceZ-

Around every 30 frames (NOT seconds) Dolphin will stop for about 3 seconds, then play for about 30 frames, then stop for about 3 seconds, and so on.
I am using Linux and I checked my Graphics Driver and it says "NVIDIA accelerated graphics driver (version current) [Recommended]".
I changed some settings in Dolphin, but some I don't know what they do so I don't enable/change these. If I put frame skipping on 9 it takes much longer for it to stop, but it still stops at about 3 seconds.
Is there something I need to enable in Dolphin? Or do I need to change my Graphics Plugin? (I only have 2 graphics plugins, Dolphin Software Renderer and Dolphin OpenGL.)
simple fix: use dolphin in windows OS

i suggest a dual boot windows for dolphin
and everything else on linux

-DarkAceZ-

I was told not to use Dolphin on Wine. I read that that's how you were supposed to do it, but they've made many fixes since then. (I don't have Windows either)
linux dolphin builds are very unstable even if they fix problems
Did you even ever try linux builds? They should work just fine, apart from being quite a bit slower than the Windows builds.

Seriously, why are all you guys even giving advice if you have no clue at all? Seems to be happening quite often recently, especially when it comes to Linux.

Fwiw, did you try disabling Audio throttle in the audio settings?
Also, try disabling Dual core mode. That shouldn't be necessary, but maybe it's f*cking up things for you..

-DarkAceZ-

Audio throttle=already off
Dual core mode=turned it off, started an emulation and the pauses were shorter, more like 1 second. I'd the emulation ran (it didn't say because of the pauses) at about 15-20 fps so I was probably better off with dual core on.

-DarkAceZ-

Well this doesn't help. I don't know of anything else I can do. Can anyone help?
Might be Linux's fault, might be your drivers, might be anything.
There's one thing that comes in mind tho, see if you can update your BIOS, weirdly it fixes the most unbelievable things.

When I first got my current PC, I couldn't play anything that uses GPU, anytime 3D would render it would BSOD, then as my last resort I updated my BIOS and it fixed everything. Just saying, give it a try, but be sure to read everything on how to do it carefully.

-DarkAceZ-

I might try it, but that sounds... scary.Confused
Not that scary if you read on how to do it in the official site of your motherboard manufacturer.