Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin not using 100% of cpu?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I used to use dolphin a lot back around revision 4,000 and with my computer I was able to run Super Smash Brothers Brawl at an almost constant 60FPS in 1080p. With recent revisions (right now I"m using 6660) in order to get close to full speed in brawl I have to run at 480p, and even then its not as consistent.

Now, I know that part of this is the emulator getting more accurate and so I dont mind that, I admittedly dont have a very powerful computer emulation-wise. That said, I've noticed that when using higher resolutions my CPU usage is only at around 75-80%. Does anyone know why this is, or how I could get dolphin's performance running similar to how it was? Specs are in sig, settings are set up as per the performance guide on the website except for EFB copy being set to Texture instead of RAM . Using the DirectX 9 plugin.
The code is changing, all you can do is get more power, use an older version or wait and see what happens down the road. If you have full speed in a revision, use that.
(12-30-2010, 08:24 AM)[SS] Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]The code is changing, all you can do is get more power, use an older version or wait and see what happens down the road. If you have full speed in a revision, use that.

I figured that. I was more asking if there was a way to make dolphin fully use my CPU since it only goes up to 75-80% usage when running. I guess thats not possible?
Try the "lock threads to cores" option.

And this. http://www.dolphin-emu.org/performance.html
Your gpu is clearly bottlenecking the cpu. Either that or it's a fifo issue. Try turning off efb scaled copy.