Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Use nunchuck + wimmote with dolphin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi @all.

i´d like to ask, if i can use wiimote and nuncuck on Dolphin with bluetooth.
Yes, you can...
Indeed you can, i am doing it right now Smile If you are planning to play games that require pointing at the screen i suggest getting a sensor bar as well though Smile
how can i install the sensor bar ?
I read how i can install the wii mote. (with bluetooth and so on) but how can i do it with the bar?
(12-30-2010, 08:32 AM)Fan4tic Wrote: [ -> ]how can i install the sensor bar ?
I read how i can install the wii mote. (with bluetooth and so on) but how can i do it with the bar?

Get a battery powered sensor bar or a usb powered. The sensor bar requires no setup besides providing it with power.
(12-30-2010, 09:07 AM)kickstand Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-30-2010, 08:32 AM)Fan4tic Wrote: [ -> ]how can i install the sensor bar ?

Get a battery powered sensor bar or a usb powered. The sensor bar requires no setup besides providing it with power.

yes, from videos i have seen it appears as if all you need to do is have an IR sensor bar powered up....and somewhere in a reasonable location. like in front of your computer screen.

I read forums about wii, dolphin and whatever related since a few weeks now, and i still wonder how confused people are about the sensor bar.

The wiimote is few years old now and still almost noone can imagine how ffs it is working =)

To provide useable information for this thread: The sensor bar is nothing else but emitting infrared light at each side.

Nothing more! Thats the whole story. Light. It doesn't do anything else!

You can even use 2 candles for testing.
I used two small lanterns until I went down and bought a battery\ wii powered sensor bar for $10 I think.
Remember that you have to have the wiimote abit away from the screen or it won't work properly, and any strong light sources nearby can affect the signal.