Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: How to stop Wiimote from desync after afk for a while?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm using emulated wiimote with gamepad extension and whenever i afk for a while, the wiimote stop functioning. The game is still running but emu wiimote cease to function, and only option seem to restart the game X_X

Plz, i need to know how to stop this, i'm playing Monster Tri and the only way to pause is to enter homescreen.
(12-29-2010, 09:34 PM)badboy91 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm using emulated wiimote with gamepad extension and whenever i afk for a while, the wiimote stop functioning. The game is still running but emu wiimote cease to function, and only option seem to restart the game X_X

Plz, i need to know how to stop this, i'm playing Monster Tri and the only way to pause is to enter homescreen.
Easy, just press ALT+F5 for resynching the first wiimote. Wink
lol, thank you, never thought it would be that easy Big Grin
(12-29-2010, 10:57 PM)nowid50 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-29-2010, 09:34 PM)badboy91 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm using emulated wiimote with gamepad extension and whenever i afk for a while, the wiimote stop functioning. The game is still running but emu wiimote cease to function, and only option seem to restart the game X_X

Easy, just press ALT+F5 for resynching the first wiimote. Wink

it is not the objective of this thread
just try it and it didn't work Undecided, resync only seem to work when the wiimote didn't disconnect on it's own
after afk for a while, no alt+Fx seem to works, well except for alt f4 of course Big Grin

any other idea would be great Sad
At most novelty shops they sell these dipping bird desk ornaments. They tip downward then back upward. Position the wiimote so that when the dipping bird tips down it will press a button, preferably one that will not affect the game while your AFK.
Pressing F10(pause/resume emulation) will certainly be easier than buying stuff or anything.
Quite incredibly, there is yet another solution that doesn't involve even pausing. Just bind an unused button of the wiimote to be pressed when a button is !not pressed.
(12-31-2010, 06:06 AM)siferion Wrote: [ -> ]At most novelty shops they sell these dipping bird desk ornaments. They tip downward then back upward. Position the wiimote so that when the dipping bird tips down it will press a button, preferably one that will not affect the game while your AFK.

I purchased a dipping bird but it would not dip. I read the instruction panel and it says that it requires a cup of water. $4 down the drain; thanks a lot, OP!
okay F10/pause works Big Grin, i've never tab back to the main window so i don't know there is a pause button, silly me Tongue
Really, dolphin should have a menu which list all of the hotkeys ~.~