Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Right click properties functions not working??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When I right click and select properties from the main Dolphin screen, to say, select the ZTP Bloom hack, or disable Idle Skipping, etc, it does not actually use those selections once the game is running. For example, when you click config as a game is running, even if I deselected Enable Dual Core and Idle Skipping in the individual games settings, they are both still selected in the grayed out window. The ONLY game it does work for me so far is New Super Mario Bros. I have tried this with Resident Evil Zero, Star Fox Assault, and Zelda Wind Waker, and Twilight Princess.....all of those above mentioned do NOT work right. Is there a work around? Do i need to use an older revision? this is happening on r6679. My setup is as follows and im on OSX 10.6.3...

Mac Pro Quad Core 2.66 GHz, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForece GT 120 512MB

Thanks for any advice!
Try restarting the emulator after changing these per-game settings and before starting a game.
thanks. however, i have tried that multiple times and did not get any better results. since NSMB was the only one that was having these options work correctly I looked at its .ini file under gameconfig to see what code was being changed as i selected/deselected particular options. i then would change those needed lines for the other games .ini files by opening them with TextEdit and saving them.....which would sorta work. after that if you did the right click properties the particular hacks or settings would be selected/deselected in the properties window....but they STILL will not be running when the game boots. because from trying it with ones like Enable Dual Core I would open the config menu as a game is running and its not on the right selection. any more help is greatly appreciated
ISO properties menu won't affect the global settings in the config menu.
It only override the settings when the settings exists in the specific game ini.
It won't save and affect the global settings, you won't see any difference in the global settings.
But it is working in the background...
hmm thanks blackjade. im a little confused though.....ill go in a little more depth and if im still wrong, please correct me Smile

I understand that there are obviously settings to override the global settings, such as the Enable Dual Core box. Here is my issue, when I change the ISO settings for Enable Dual Core for New Super Mario Bros Wii to be turned OFF.....I still have it turned ON in the global settings from the config menu. So when I have those settings and run the game and then open config menu it is grayed out, as in I cant change them, but you can still see them....and it clearly shows that the Enable Dual Core box is unchecked (OFF) because that is how I set it in the ISO properties. (even though the global settings have it ON) This seems like the normal/properly working behavior to me. Though it doesnt seem to work that way for other games is what Im saying

Now what I think is strange is when I do the same thing for Resident Evil Zero the ISO properties do not seem to be overriding the global settings.

And actually I just did some more trouble shooting. I noticed so far that any Wii game has the ISO properties working fine...other than Zelda TP, which is also not working/overriding. I tested other Wii games, Mortal Kombat Armageddon, as well as SMG 1 and 2....all of those seem to have the ISO properties working fine as how I understand they should be. Now what isnt working is any GAMECUBE game. I have tried Resident Evil Zero (Disc 1 and 2), Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, Star Fox Assault, and Zelda Wind Waker. Those do not seem to work right....as I will try to describe the best I can...

If I select in one of the GC ISO properties to have Dual Core Enabled as DESELECTED, (even though I leave it SELECTED in the global config menu) when the game is running and I open the config menu, again it is grayed out but you can see what options are selected/deselected, the Dual Core Enabled is still checked as SELECTED, which is should not be. So this seems to be the opposite of what it should be doing to me. As in the it appears to me as if the GameCube game ISO properties are not overriding the global settings when they should be.

Again, thanks for any feedback!