Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: macbook pro 2.53 9400m
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

guitarfreak58

Quite simply... is my computer fast enough? Games like smash brothers melee/brawl run normal with one character on screen, but start to slow down with each additional character. It's a shame I didn't get the 9600 with the computer.... but yeah I'm on snow leopard 10.6.5, 4 GB RAM, 2.53 ghz. It's the 15" mid 2009 macbook with only the 9400m, I want to know if this baby is capable of running everything full speed. Thanks

BTW if 9400 just isn't enough, is it possible to upgrade my logic board lol
Actually as long as you turn off efb scaled copy, pixel depth, pixel lighting, and AA a 9400m is probably enough for most games. Your cpu is not sufficient to handle many heavier games but a lot of lighter games will still run fullspeed.

guitarfreak58

Oh ok all of those were turned off except efb.... are you talking about the checkbox 'Enable CPU Access' ? I just unchecked that and I will try brawl in a little bit.... I have the scale option set to the recommended 'integral'.. and I have copy enabled to texture (which I noticed is much faster than copying to ram). Thanks for your help
Nevermind I'm an idiot, I'll leave cpu access and turn off the copy lol sorry