Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Having problems with frames per second
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Im trying to run Legend of zelda twilight princess. I am using Dolphin 2.0, I have Nvidia GeForce 9300m gs graphis with 512 meg of v-ram
A intel centrino core 2 duo
Using DX9 Plugin (Because openGL isnt working at the moment)
And 4 gigs of ram

Im new to dolphin because i just got a good enough computer to run the games. I would like to know a fix if possible for the framerate and possibly getting openGL to work.

Thanks!
Sonicdude987
First of all your laptop cpu is probably insufficient for a lot of spots (core 2 duo mobile somewhere in the 2.0-2.4GHz range I'm guessing). Their are few settings you can change to improve performance though. Change efb copy to texture and enable the ZTP speedup hack. To enable the ZTP speedup hack right click the game on the main dolphin window and select game properties, then check the box next to "ZTP hack".
I don't have an option for ztp hack. Does thar require OpenGL?
I took off the safe texture cache and got perfect 30 fps, 60 vps and 100%, but with that disabled, there were some problems.

In the top left 4th there was only a block of graphical glitches. And the map, only in game, turned into this mess of pixels.

Is there a way to run Twilight Princess without safe texture cache?

Thanks!

Sonicdude987
Safe texture cache on/off requires the game to be restarted to properly take effect.
Do you mean Zelda twilight princess hack? Because tiers no checkbox for that.
Also vie restarted the game with textures cache off and it still didn't work
Ah. I didn''t see that you were using 2.0. Try this revision: http://www.xtemu.com/forum/files/file/12...sion-6117/
Alright, got ztp hack on and it improved a little. But with the safe texture cache off I still get those pixel blocks! Any help is appreciated.
Is efb turned on and set to texture?
Yes I do.