Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Linux dowload?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Where is the Linux download? It is not on the download page, neither is the Mac download
You can compile it by yourself, but the Linux Build is not recommend.
Use Windows instead !
the majority of dolphin users have windows as there OS, even if someone have mac or linux OS in their computer ,
they usually use bootcamp or wine to use windows dolphin builds because there are most active on compiling new revision.
sigh, I would use Windows if it wasn't a resource hog, I would need a complete reboot for my computer not to make stupid noises, unless I was to install it on my external hard-drive, which has problems
(12-28-2010, 08:59 AM)knglrk Wrote: [ -> ]the majority of dolphin users have windows as there OS, even if someone have mac or linux OS in their computer ,
they usually use bootcamp or wine to use windows dolphin builds because there are most active on compiling new revision.

youre wrong.... compiling on linux is very easy... everyone can do it Wink

using an windows emulator(like wine) to run an emulator on it will give you less frames. it is better to run a programm which is written for linux...
the only thing is that you can't use direct3d plugin in linux. that is why windows gives you more frames....
(12-28-2010, 10:42 AM)sNk Wrote: [ -> ]using an windows emulator(like wine) to.........................

@sNK................wow.....do u know why its called wine? its an acronym......Wine Is Not an Emulator
(12-28-2010, 08:59 AM)Anti-Ultimate Wrote: [ -> ]but the Linux Build is not recommend.
says who?
(12-28-2010, 08:59 AM)knglrk Wrote: [ -> ]they usually use bootcamp or wine to use windows dolphin builds because there are most active on compiling new revision.
Aha?

Oh, and let me be the first one to give a helpful answer:
http://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/wik...tuPackages
(12-29-2010, 04:29 AM)NeoBrain Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-28-2010, 08:59 AM)Anti-Ultimate Wrote: [ -> ]but the Linux Build is not recommend.
says who?
(12-28-2010, 08:59 AM)knglrk Wrote: [ -> ]they usually use bootcamp or wine to use windows dolphin builds because there are most active on compiling new revision.
Aha?

Oh, and let me be the first one to give a helpful answer:
http://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/wik...tuPackages

Thankyou, finally =], time to play SSBM