Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Timed AutoSaveState Needed (and bug report)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Danpascooch

One feature I would absolutely love to have is a timed Save State, for example, you could set an interval (such as 1 minute) and every minute it would create a savestate (starting at slot 1, then slot 2, and so on up to slot 8, then it would cycle back to slot 1 again and start overwriting)

This feature would be great option to have because nothing is worse than losing an hour of work in a game to a glitch, this way you would never lose more than a minute! (or whatever interval you specified)

I am currently using a macro to the same effect, but it would nice to have it officially included in the emulator.

While I'm on saveStates, has anyone had the problem "FIFO's are not synched" when trying to load a state? I don't know what is going on under the hood, but this is an AWFUL little piece of interface design. First it says "FIFO's are not synched" and gives you the option yes or no. Bullshit right off the bat since it wasn't a yes or no question. Here is what the options do.

Yes: Pops up the same dialogue till you hit no.

No: Crashes the Emulator.

Am I the only one who thinks that is terrible design? Why not just skip right to the crash and save everyone the frustration of a pseudo-option. Honestly I think the options should be like this: "FIFO's are not synched":

Abort Emulation: Immediately ends the emulation AVOIDING A CRASH

Or

<Insert whatever the hell "yes" was supposed to do here, instead of just calling it "yes">

or have no not do anything to the game instead of crashing it.

If the fidos arnt synched it should just ignore it and not load it.
IDK about the savestates right now, but you'd need pretty stable savestates for that to be usefull. Not to mention they're large and lag for like a second
heh, so what. it tells you its working. once we can make the states load faster and more compressed ... (fill in the blank.)