Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Run dolphin in all games 100%
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

licielg

With what processor I run dolphin in 100% i5 3.2 or Q8400?

licielg

I will make an upgrade on my pc and I want the dolphin which processor is running the most recommended?

wii is better to buy or emulate?
at the moment wii is better to buy.
i3/i5/i7 > everything else for dolphin.
(12-27-2010, 03:13 PM)licielg Wrote: [ -> ]wii is better to buy or emulate?

Everything is better to buy, than to emulate...
Tongue thats the truth!
People not familiar with emulators should avoid Dolphin. It can be a very frustrating experience if you are in just for the gaming experience. Me, I enjoy the whole experience to use an emu, specially fine tuning, waiting for fixes, patching, compiling. Isn't it the reason for emus after all?
(12-28-2010, 06:21 AM)kernel64 Wrote: [ -> ]People not familiar with emulators should avoid Dolphin. It can be a very frustrating experience if you are in just for the gaming experience. Me, I enjoy the whole experience to use an emu, specially fine tuning, waiting for fixes, patching, compiling. Isn't it the reason for emus after all?

So, you prefer spending your time trying to figure out the optimal settings to play a game instead of actually... you know, playing it? This reminds me of people who spend more time tinkering with Linux than actually using it. But to each his own, I guess. For me, the whole point with emulators is being able to run a machine's software, as close as possible to/better than the real thing, without physically using the hardware.

I have to agree in one thing though; however impressive Dolphin currently is, if one's after the whole "Wii experience" a real Wii is, at least for the time being, the way to go.
Quote:So, you prefer spending your time trying to figure out the optimal settings to play a game instead of actually... you know, playing it? This reminds me of people who spend more time tinkering with Linux than actually using it.

But I do play all of my games in my Wii, I've even finished some of them (I wish I had more time Tongue), so it's really not the same thing.

However, I honestly enjoy playing them again in Dolphin and... well.. doing all that it takes to make it work as closely as possible to the real experience, even when I know that I won't be playing it at 100%.