Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Edit Mii - Only by Creator
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I was playing around with the Mii channel and also created Mii
When I try to edit a Mii the game tells me that i am "not hte creator" of that me and therefor I can not edit or delete it.

Is it something I can fix or go around. I have a new windows installation, but my old Dolphin folder, can it be related? I cant try since my old installation is gone, and I dont want to mess up my miis since they have those game scores and stuff.
Have you installed a NAND dump in Dolphin?
No I used the one on my Mario Kart Disc. I cant install bootmii or the homebrew channel on my wii.

When I create a new Mii i can edit him. Even after restarting Dolphin. Looks like I have to browse for where the owner data is saved.
sd card?
(12-27-2010, 02:02 PM)gamax92 Wrote: [ -> ]sd card?

Unfortunally Dolphin does not save mii on a sd card lol.

The Miis are in
\User\Wii\shared2\menu\FaceLib\RFL_DB.dat

I could find the mii names with an hex editor, but after testing and google i found out that editing the file will cause it to be resettet when starting the wii/dolphin for the next time.

So I experimented with the windows installations and its true if i create a mii on one installation, i can not edit/delete it with another (using the exact same dolphin folder)

Now that i cant edit the mii data, id like to find out how it detects who i am and why a mii belongs to me. Then i could try to fake that information and pretend to be smo else.