Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Low Frames, new Graphic Card?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I set the options of performance video, but my PC have only 17 FPS. And now I am thinking about buying a new Graphic Card, cuze I just have a ATI 3600 Card. My first Question is it important to raise my Graphic Card Level or it is more important to buy a new CPU? Which Components is most important?
They are both important, but the cpu is most important. What are your full specs?
CPU: DUo-Core AMD Athlon 64 4800+, 2.4 GHz
GPU: VisionTek Radeon HD3650, AGP, 1GB DDR2
RAM: Kingston 2GB DDR2

Do you think its not enough for 30 FPS? Maybe I my settings are not right.
Probably settings and the game you're trying to play. Your specs are not horrible, but you could use a processor upgrade. I have the same video card and it is decent enough for most games, but some will not agree with that.

Use the DX9 video plugin.

Don't enable any pixel options.

4x AA at most, or use none.

1280x1024 with 1X efb scale.

EFB copy to texture.

Framelimit off.

Disable audio throttle in the dsp options.

What game and what Dolphin version are you using?
I want to play Zelda: The Wind Waker and I am using the newest Dolphin version.
What is the newest version? Some people think they're using the newest version but sometimes they are not, so it's better to just tell me the version number. Use the settings I mentioned, if that does not help, overclock or get a better processor or try a Dolphin version like r6000, it may be faster for you. Also, keep in mind that some games need more power to play at full speed, so you could always try other games and see if the speed is better.
For WW use revisions from before 5896 but after 5016. Your cpu is in need of an upgrade, but your gpu is fine. You can easily achieve fullspeed in WW if you upgrade your cpu to a phenom II.