Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Linux Install
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

einhprofile

hi everyone

I like to know if already exists a linux version for downloading... (rpm pack, deb or tar.bz)

I'm user of Fedora 14 and Dolphin don't exists in the repos....

in the dolphin website, only have the windows version...

Sad

thx for now!!

PS: sorry for my bad english... I'm brazilian ehauehauea

-DarkAceZ-

Everyone says it's better to use Wine (a Windows program loader for Linux and Mac) so I'm guessing that's why they don't have it posted here. (If they don't)
No, it's better to use Windows 7.
(12-26-2010, 09:00 AM)-DarkAceZ- Wrote: [ -> ]Everyone says it's better to use Wine (a Windows program loader for Linux and Mac) so I'm guessing that's why they don't have it posted here. (If they don't)

wtf man, only all the idiots (all of which never actually used Linux) are pretending to be uber-smart and tell everyone to use Wine instead of trying the native build.

Native builds are definitely faster, believe it or not.

einhprofile

the vga driver of wine is sucks...

thx for the replies!!

-DarkAceZ-

(12-26-2010, 09:23 AM)NeoBrain Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-26-2010, 09:00 AM)-DarkAceZ- Wrote: [ -> ]Everyone says it's better to use Wine (a Windows program loader for Linux and Mac) so I'm guessing that's why they don't have it posted here. (If they don't)

wtf man, only all the idiots (all of which never actually used Linux) are pretending to be uber-smart and tell everyone to use Wine instead of trying the native build.

Native builds are definitely faster, believe it or not.

Now the guy's probably wondering where to find these "Native" builds. (and so am I unless you're talking about the ones on the older site)

einhprofile

yep...

exactly...

in the dolphin site, have a information that would be have a linux link... but don't have..

ubuntu can install by the program repos... but fedora no...

I stand searching for the Linux native version.....

Big Grin