Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Hello everybody !
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Pareja

Hello everybody Smile

I'm new to this Fóruns, i'm from Brazil, sorry for my english.

I wold like to thanks the developers of this great emulator for this great work, congratulations. Congratulations to the site and fórum administrators too.

I love the 1964 emulator and others of the old times, I have 36 years but still like to play much games. Now i want to make a upgrade on my pc because of this emulator Big Grin

But before this i want to know how this play on my old pc: Sempron Le 1200, RAM 2Gb, onboard nvidia 7025 630a, Hd Samsung 80 Gb 7.200.

I'm goinng to dowload this emu and try it now. I have a GC game "Zelda Twilight Princess", let's see how many frames i can aquire (or just screenshots lol)

How we say here. Hugs.
Sempron Le 1200, RAM 2Gb, onboard nvidia 7025 630a, Hd Samsung 80 Gb 7.200

im afraid that even with upgrade Zelda Twilight Princess will not play on your computer.
the only thing i could suggest that make a purchase of a new computer

Pareja

(12-25-2010, 06:29 AM)knglrk Wrote: [ -> ]Sempron Le 1200, RAM 2Gb, onboard nvidia 7025 630a, Hd Samsung 80 Gb 7.200

im afraid that even with upgrade Zelda Twilight Princess will not play on your computer.
the only thing i could suggest that make a purchase of a new computer

I installed and make work 320x 240 at 8 fps and 15 fps Blush but with a black square in the video corner (at 15 fps, using "acurate texture cache" and disable "copy").

Do you know how to fix the black square in the video corner ? Sad

And theres another dx9plugin besides the one's that came with Dolphin ?

I pretend to buy another pc: Athlon II 4 cores, 4Gb DDR 3, and HD 5670, it's a good pc ?

How we say here. Hugs.

Depends on the CPU clock (how fast in GHz?)

Dual or Quad doesn't matter for Dolphin, only the clock rate does.
If you can, go for i3/i5/i7 they're the fastest CPU for Dolphin.
The Phenom II will do just as well (almost) and cost you a lot less.
I asked about phenoms a lot and from videos on youtube for its performance with dolphin i guess a phenom II @ 3.8GHZ (2-cores) with 6mb cache will be good enough (SMG will have playable speeds but not 100%, maybe 70~75% average)
You're only looking at 5% of games not being fully playable with the Phenom II (and that's probably 80% speed still). I think it's worth it for the price over (i).

Pareja

Thanks everybody for the answers.

Metalnumb your pc it's like what i want to buy, how does Dolphin works on it and what resolutions you use and whats fps works ? Sorry for my poor english.

Starscream there are games not playbles with the Athlon II and the Phenom II ? Or this cpus just can't reach 100% speed because they aren't powerfull enough ?

Thanks for the attention.

Hugs.
Intel cpus have a slighter advantage over AMD in performance in a per-clock comparison, but tend to be more expensive. However, that advantage can mean everything for hard-core Dolphin users that want to squeeze every frame out of his cpus.

PD: Greetings from Bolivia, neighbor.

Pareja

(12-28-2010, 05:26 AM)kernel64 Wrote: [ -> ]Intel cpus have a slighter advantage over AMD in performance in a per-clock comparison, but tend to be more expensive. However, that advantage can mean everything for hard-core Dolphin users that want to squeeze every frame out of his cpus.

PD: Greetings from Bolivia, neighbor.

Thanks for the answers kernel64.

I don't want the maximum resolution for while, then for me and my pockets AMD will fit well.

Abrazo vecino.