Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: I can't get any games to work...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

kittenangel116

I've downloaded Dolphin and it seems to be fine,
but when I put my games in my cd/dvd drive it doesn't recognize the disk, I've tried this on 3 different laptops... so I decided to try downloading someone else's copy and I can't get that to work either: it says the file is invalid.
I might just be dealing with the files wrong? Its just getting really frustrating...

right now I am trying to do Mario Kart Double Dash, if that helps at all

please help!
(12-25-2010, 03:20 AM)kittenangel116 Wrote: [ -> ]I've downloaded Dolphin and it seems to be fine,
but when I put my games in my cd/dvd drive it doesn't recognize the disk, I've tried this on 3 different laptops... so I decided to try downloading someone else's copy and I can't get that to work either: it says the file is invalid.
I might just be dealing with the files wrong? Its just getting really frustrating...

right now I am trying to do Mario Kart Double Dash, if that helps at all

please help!
From Wiki:

Only specific drives are capable of reading Wii and GC discs, obviously in addition to the drive you will also need it installed in a PC with proper drivers. At present the only drives known to be capable of reading Wii and GC discs are the following:

* Hitachi LG GDR-8161b (IDE)
* Hitachi LG GDR-8162b (IDE)
* Hitachi LG GDR-8163b (IDE)
* Hitachi LG GDR-8164b (IDE)
* Hitachi LG GDR-H10NBLK (SATA)
* Hitachi LG GDR-8082N - USB SLIM Portable Drive
And if you want the ISOs, don't ask for them in here, use Google instead (because asking for ISOs is forbidden by the law and the forum rules)