Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: How to play with TriForce Games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

pucci

MAME has many TriForce dump in CHD format (can be easly converted to CUE+BIN format). How can i use this with Dolphin?
I tried to use Virtua Striker 4 (in BIN format), but Dolphin can't recognize it.

Has anyone played some TriForce games in Dolphin?
Dolphin is a Wii+Gamecube Emulator, although GC hardware share some similarities with Triforce hardware, they work in a very different way. So, even if you make an iso out of your triforce dumps, Dolphin can't do anything with it.
I believe one game works for sure, but I cannot test as I was never able to find any of these games to buy personally. When I finally do end up finding one of these games, I will give it a try. There is a "trick" involved in making the game work to some extent, but I'd rather not get into it until I've tried it myself.

pucci

(12-24-2010, 11:06 PM)[SS] Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]I believe one game works for sure, but I cannot test as I was never able to find any of these games to buy personally. When I finally do end up finding one of these games, I will give it a try. There is a "trick" involved in making the game work to some extent, but I'd rather not get into it until I've tried it myself.

many TriForce game dump are available in MAME

http://maws.mameworld.info/maws/driver/triforce.c

http://mamedev.org/source/src/mame/drive...rce.c.html
Those are just technical docs about various games for triforce hardware. And even if they were dumps (which are not ;p), don't post links to them here.

pucci

(12-25-2010, 02:33 AM)kernel64 Wrote: [ -> ]Those are just technical docs about various games for triforce hardware. And even if they were dumps (which are not ;p), don't post links to them here.

1 - i don't post any link. MAME roms can be find easly on the net
2 - they are not only technical docs, because many TriForce games are dumped, if you read the phrase "* denotes these games are archived.
" you can find that game already dumped are:

* Firmware Update - Sega - GDROM GDT-0011
* Gekitou Pro Yakyuu - Sega, 2003 - GDROM GDT-0008C
* Mario Kart Arcade GP - Namco / Nintendo, 2005 - ROM Cart
* The Key Of Avalon : The Wizard Master (server) - Sega, 2003 - GDROM GDT-0005C
* The Key Of Avalon Ver 1.3 (server) - Sega, 2004 - GDROM GDT-0009C
* The Key Of Avalon Ver 1.3 (client) - Sega, 2004 - GDROM GDT-0010C
* The Key Of Avalon 2 (client) - Sega, 2005 - GDROM GDT-0017B
* Virtua Striker 2002 (Japan) - Sega, 2002 - GDROM GDT-0001
* Virtua Striker 2002 (Export) - Sega, 2002 - GDROM GDT-0002
* Virtua Striker 4 (Japan) - Sega, 2005 - GDROM GDT-0013E
* Virtua Striker 4 (Export) - Sega, 2005 - GDROM GDT-0015
* Virtua Striker 4 Ver.2006 (Japan) - Sega, 2006 - GDROM GDT-0020D

From the Dolphin code i read that can emulate TriForce (and is protection). Has anyone test TriForce emulation on his computer?
i would like to play the mariokart gp game on dolphin. seems like we would need a tab for triforce settings including a controller menu of some sort. not like anyone would be able to afford a triforce rom, which is probably why no one has been focusing on implementing it.
(12-26-2010, 02:03 AM)inteGReddy Wrote: [ -> ]i would like to play the mariokart gp game on dolphin. seems like we would need a tab for triforce settings including a controller menu of some sort. not like anyone would be able to afford a triforce rom, which is probably why no one has been focusing on implementing it.

some (but not all) triforce disks are only sold with the game cabinet.
And not many people want to spend $2k to $5k or more unless they're collectors. Even if you tried to search for a bootleg those don't exist.
Quote:1 - i don't post any link. MAME roms can be find easly on the net
2 - they are not only technical docs, because many TriForce games are dumped, if you read the phrase "* denotes these games are archived

1. Of course you didn't. Those games are hard to find (legally or illegally) mainly because of their price.

2. I donĀ“t know what you mean here, but to dump or rip a Triforce game (or any other) you should own it.

Anyway, this thread talks about Triforce hardware.