Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Hi I have a problem with mine controller.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have laptop HP Pavilion dv7 and Vista on board. I would like to play on keyboard, but when I enter to the Plug-ins choice I have only “nJoy” I don’t have the second option the xbox controller ?
And I would like to play on keyboard
If some one know what to do help
Thanks for answers !!!

LuisR14

update you DirectX Smile (it uses XInput, part of the DirectX package)
(05-18-2009, 02:24 AM)LuisR14 Wrote: [ -> ]update you DirectX Smile (it uses XInput, part of the DirectX package)
hmm really? i will try it right away Smile
thanks !

LuisR14

(05-18-2009, 03:12 AM)gotenx1985 Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-18-2009, 02:24 AM)LuisR14 Wrote: [ -> ]update you DirectX Smile (it uses XInput, part of the DirectX package)
hmm really? i will try it right away Smile
yes, well i think it uses DirectInput (but an X360 pad can be used on both Xinput and DirectInput, but it won't have rumble on DirectInput Smile, but this isn't relevant to the thread Tongue)
Something is bad I have the Directx 10 and it don’t work, perhaps I need to upgrade to 10,1 or I miss something ?

LuisR14

well the Dx9/10 part is just for graphics (which is actually Direct3D9/Direct3D10), you still have to update your DirectX Smile
hmmm ok we will see how it works ;-)
Dolphin uses DirectX 9, not DirectX 10 therefore you need to update your DirectX 9 runtimes to latest bi-monthly release. The DirectX 9 runtimes on a fresh install of Vista or Windows 7 are the basics runtimes needed to run the operating system, typically what you would find on a fresh install of Windows XP.

Having DirectX 10 is irrelevant until Dolphin is coded to use DirectX 10. Wink

Also install the Visual C++ Redistributable 2008, if you have a x64 operating system and want to use both the x86 and x86 builds of Dolphin, you will likely need to install both the x86 and x64 builds of the Visual C++ Redistributable 2008.
Yep I update it and it works !!! thanx "LuisR14 " !!!!
But the characters in Budokai 2 looks really bad some one have a simply solution or I just need to find the right option ???
(05-18-2009, 04:04 AM)Xtreme2damax Wrote: [ -> ]Dolphin uses DirectX 9, not DirectX 10 therefore you need to update your DirectX 9 runtimes to latest bi-monthly release. The DirectX 9 runtimes on a fresh install of Vista or Windows 7 are the basics runtimes needed to run the operating system, typically what you would find on a fresh install of Windows XP.

Having DirectX 10 is irrelevant until Dolphin is coded to use DirectX 10. Wink

Also install the Visual C++ Redistributable 2008, if you have a x64 operating system and want to use both the x86 and x86 builds of Dolphin, you will likely need to install both the x86 and x64 builds of the Visual C++ Redistributable 2008.

I update only DirectX but thanks for help to !! Smile