Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin run speed and settings help.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I assume I can run dolphin at 100%. Here are my specs:

Asus P6X58D-E Motherboard
8GB (2x4GB) Corsair 1600mhz RAM
1TB HD
i7 950 @ 3.06 per core
PNY GTX 580 GPU

Now, with most emulators I've seen in the past, you have to set the emulator to use your GPU for graphics. If that's the case with SVN 6649, how do you do this? I couldn't find it anywhere. Is there any other settings I should look out for with my GPU?
go to the graphics tab and set all there
(12-24-2010, 12:47 AM)Cymerian Wrote: [ -> ]I assume I can run dolphin at 100%. Here are my specs:

Asus P6X58D-E Motherboard
8GB (2x4GB) Corsair 1600mhz RAM
1TB HD
i7 950 @ 3.06 per core
PNY GTX 580 GPU

Now, with most emulators I've seen in the past, you have to set the emulator to use your GPU for graphics. If that's the case with SVN 6649, how do you do this? I couldn't find it anywhere. Is there any other settings I should look out for with my GPU?

uh... well, 3ghz is a little low for dolphin, believe it or not. as far as a gpu setting, you can choose opengl or d39 in the settings tab.
I'd recommend using either Dx9 or Dx11, no OpenGL.
And Dolphin should automatically use your GPU.

I wouldn't call an i7 9xx "slow", especially when I have an i7 7xx @ 1.7GHz that runs well with Dolphin (I admit I don't play Galaxy on Dolphin)
Don't forget that an Intel Core i CPU can dynamically overclock.
You'd only achieve 3.2GHz, but that's not bad either.
After setting it to directx11 and turning on the pixel shaders and such, it runs a lot better. I still only get around 30 frames max, though. Is that normal? I might overclock my CPU to 4GHz, but I figured this would be more GPU intense.
the max framerate depends on the game really, you can have either 30fps or 60fps,simply when you run a game look at the window in the upper part when it says the percentage **% ,100% is full speed
Nvm. At max settings it still runs 100%. Now I just need to play a game with a better frame rate. I love Sonic, so I started with that. Too bad I can't buy The Last Story until the end of next year Sad
Quote:uh... well, 3ghz is a little low for dolphin, believe it or not. as far as a gpu setting, you can choose opengl or d39 in the settings tab.

Clock rate as a unit of performance is not comparable from one architecture to another. An i7 running at 3GHz will easily massively outperform a core 2 or phenom II cpu running at 4.5GHz in dolphin.
I hope so, if that pc cann't run dolphin smooth then my pc is a typewriter with lcd lol....