Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Wii Motion Plus Addon vs Build In
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a noticeable difference between those two?

My problem is that i have a wiimote with + build in which works fine. So i now baught a wii motion plus addon thingy from amazone (orginal nintendo) for my other wiimote, but i feel like this is not as precise as the build in.
Sometimes the direction in WiiSports Resort is reversed, and sometimes it is rotated so as if the tv was to my left instead infront of me.

So i wanted to ask if anyone else has problems like that or if it can be solved.
(12-24-2010, 12:34 AM)JackyCola Wrote: [ -> ]Sometimes the direction in WiiSports Resort is reversed, and sometimes it is rotated so as if the tv was to my left instead infront of me.

This does not happen with the Wiimote+ I guess?

I don't really know about the Wiimote+ but it is highly probable, that it is of better quality than a Wiimote with + attached.

When the Wii was released, the Wiimote had it's extension port designed for accessories like the Nunchuk and the Classic Controller.
Wiimotion + was developed and released much later, so maybe the extension port is not 100% meant for something like +

Built in however, it does not need the port, and therefore it is possible, that the Wiimote+ yields better results.

As I said, I don't know much about the Wiimote+ so what I'm saying is nothing but speculation.
i have both the extension motion+ and the integrated. what i like to do is plug the motion+ extension into the integrated one, j/k. but seriously, motion+ is lacking on the emulator. both versions of motion+ are very clumsy on dolphin and the motion+ games are not fully functional. people will say it works but they must not be playing sword games (which are the only type of game that make it worthwhile buying a motion+).

i am having the same issue. seconds into any motion+ game i try, my character will be holding his sword upside down or doing something else retarded.
(12-24-2010, 08:58 AM)inteGReddy Wrote: [ -> ]i am having the same issue. seconds into any motion+ game i try, my character will be holding his sword upside down or doing something else retarded.

Lol thats exactly what I tried to explain but for me it worked really better with the integreated + that i have tested at my friends house.

Anyhow thanks so far. I'll try check if the dolphin versions might have something to do with it and if i find something about it ill report again.
Wii Sports Resort is not that bad with motionplus integrated, but only when the frame rate is full and constant, when you get slowdowns the motionplus gets uncalibrated...