Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Set Up Problems.....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have been running dolphin V 2.0 for a long time and then decided to update it. so I grabbed the recent version and it runs a bit slower then 2.0. What are the best settings I can do for performance? I dont mind if the graphics drop a little. here are my specs-
AMD Phenom™ II N830 Triple-Core Processor (3 CPUs), ~2.1GHz
AMD M880G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
if there is anything else I need to show I will. I also Have blue tooth but it is hacked to be used with my ps3 controller and cannot use it with anything else. dolphin 2.0 runs the fastest and I want to improve speed on r6649.
I can't help you until you show me what settings you are using now.
alright, everything is on default but panic handler is off, goes fullscreen,use eurgb60 is off,sensor bar on bottom, my graphics plug in is opengl all on default but i disabled fog, anisoptic filtering is set to x16, scale fractional,enable cpu access, copy=texture and I enabled open gl. these are what I got running right now, but is my computer even able to handle it? it runs some games alright but I want to know if it will run them better.
Set efb to 1x, not fractional. I've had that video card in my laptop and it does not like fractional at all.

Use the DX9 video plugin.

Set AA to none.

Set Framelimit to off.

Disable efb cpu access.

Turn off audio throttle in dsp options.
That helped a lot, thanks. The only things I did not change are opengl to DX9 because I mainly play clash of ninja and DX9 causes issues with graphics that are really annoying. also another problem has poped up.... whenever I close down a game I cannot play Another game without restarting Dolphin. When I close it down an error report pops up saying it crashed... If I try to play another game without restarting the game becomes very distorted. It has happened to every version of dolphin I try. Is this fixable? also in sonic adventures 2 the A button rarely works. What is the problem? For all my other games the A button works just fine. Please help!