Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Donkey Kong Country using keyboard as controller
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

filipjensen

Hey everybody

I am having trouble getting my keyboard to work as a controller in Dolphin for Donkey Kong Country, and I haven't been able to find a similar topic with the same problem, also looked in the FAQ and main big DKC thread. (BTW I get that you can configure and map the keys)

Everything works until I get into the actual gameplay, the very first level.

Then a little star appears in middle bottom screen, with a moving nunchuck symbol. When I go into "configure" settings and set "none" under "extension", a simple Wii Remote symbol appears instead. It seems as if DKC no longer recognizes the keyboard emulated Wiimote.

Whats weird is, that some buttons still respond, such as the Home, and the - + buttons.

So how can I get my keyboard to communicate 100 % with DKC in-game?

Secondary question: whats the best way/how should I map the IR/Swing/Tilt categories for use with keyboard/mouse?

regards

Filip
[Image: iwjlxar1e5ofq9ni4oo1.jpg]
This should work.

The "star" you see is representing the SHAKE. Now that you bind (as you see in picture) to space or what you want it, just press that button and it will emulate a shake of the wiimote.
Also, you will not need Swing/Tilt and IR for DKCR.
By the way the game is called Donkey Kong Country Returns.

P.S. Please post your questions in the game's thread next time.