Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Best way to achive full speed on my PC?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Current PC specs:

- M4A88TD-V EVO / USB3 - motherboard
- AMD Phenom II X2 560 - 3.3GHz
- 4GBytes RAM
- ATI Radeon HD 4250 - graphics
- Windows 7 (32-bit)
- ATI ALC892 High Definition audio Device - sound

The worst game for slow speed seems to be Super Mario Galaxy 2 (often dipping to about 30%) - given the above specs, what would be the best way to upgrade my PC to obtain consistent 100% performance with Dolphin with ALL games?

I'm thinking that the 4250 is the weak link, but would substantially overclocking the CPU help at all, or should I get a better graphics card (the 4250 is built into my ASUS motherboard).

If so, any recommendations for a graphics card that will be good enough and which doesn't cost too much?

Thanks!
From what I hear Super Mario Galaxy 1/2 runs slow on almost every system.
Quote:I'm thinking that the 4250 is the weak link,

DEFINITELY

Quote:If so, any recommendations for a graphics card that will be good enough and which doesn't cost too much?

What's your screen resolution and do you mind playing without AA?
Screen resolution - not worried really, the higher the better - I have a 22 inch widescreen monitor. Have tried running Dolphin at various resolutions, naturally the lower the better but even 640 x 480 is slow at times with all games, some far more than others.

AA? Erm, what's that? Smile
you have do upgrade your graphics card.... you wont get any good results with onboard chips.
AA = Anti Aliasing, it's to make diagonal lines look smooth in 3D
btw, no system will render you 100% dolphin speed. some games just aren't emulated correctly yet.
Well what is your budget for a video card (the higher the better)? As long as you get a decent video card that cpu should be enough to achieve fullspeed in most games. Also you still didn't answer my question, what is your screen resolution (as in the maximum resolution of the display that you are using).