Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: No more saves after trimming my games :o
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

blackanima

Hi everybody, I'm French so I will try to explain as good as possible, here is the problem I get : I have just been trimming my isos with WiiScrubber 1.40 in order to gain a little bit of space on each game (about 140 mb, maybe there is a way to gain more space ?) but since I did that I have no more saves on my games and I REALLY don't want to start again Mario Kart, SSBB, etc since the beginning... so please if somebody has a solution please help me ^^ Thanks by advance !
i think the only solution i could give is importing game saves from your wii to dolphin or
download game saves from wiisave.com and import to dolphin
Saves aren't stored in the game isos, they are stored on your wii/Dolphin's user directory.

blackanima

I know, but yet I looks that saves downloaded from wiisave don't work for me, even after placing them in the rigt directory, when I run the game I only have the choice to start from the begining, that's crazy, I'm using the latest revision. I had just finished Mario Kart Wii yesterday evening after hours of playing so you can undertand how disappointed I am, is there no solution ??
As far as I know trimmed ISOs have another Title ID.
Cause of that the Savegames won't work because they were made for another Title ID.

blackanima

I see, is there a way I can know the "new" name of my games ?
hm, I actually can't imagine that to be true....dunno for sure, though.
Trimmed games save to a different folder. instead of saving under User\Wii\Title, they save under User\Wii. You can copy over your old save, but you'll have to find it first.

blackanima

You just saved my life Nabs, I was finally able to make the wiisaves saves work, thanks everyone =)