Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Question about Pixel Depth?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What exactly it doesHuh, what it improves, what it breaks.Huh
In the plugin is now explaining various things about various options, but says nothing about it.Sad
I think nobody knows.Big Grin
I don't know about Pixel Depth in the recent builds, but in the older ones it would crash your GPU.
The screen would suddenly go blank but the game would continue and after a while Windows would ask you to "file a report concerning a crash with your graphics adapter".

As I said, I don't know how it looks like in the recent builds, and I'm not eager to try out...
... Yeah, Pixel Depth is the hidden option to kill your GPU, right.

Normally, we calculate the depth of a pixel via interpolating the vertex depths. This turned out to cause some issues, and thus we now support calculating the depth value on a per-pixel base. This is a bit slower, but avoids glitches in certain games (e.g. some flickering in Zelda WW).
(12-22-2010, 11:40 PM)Nolonar Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know about Pixel Depth in the recent builds, but in the older ones it would crash your GPU.
The screen would suddenly go blank but the game would continue and after a while Windows would ask you to "file a report concerning a crash with your graphics adapter".

As I said, I don't know how it looks like in the recent builds, and I'm not eager to try out...
Well, here it does not happen.Tongue
(12-23-2010, 02:38 AM)NeoBrain Wrote: [ -> ]... Yeah, Pixel Depth is the hidden option to kill your GPU, right.

Normally, we calculate the depth of a pixel via interpolating the vertex depths. This turned out to cause some issues, and thus we now support calculating the depth value on a per-pixel base. This is a bit slower, but avoids glitches in certain games (e.g. some flickering in Zelda WW).
@NeoBrain, Now I understand,thank you very much for explaining this.Smile