Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Can you actually point with a wiimote?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Killer Juice

Sorry if this is a stupid question. I'm deciding whether or not to invest in a blutooth adapter to get my wiimotes hooked up to my pc.

I know that you can pair the wiimotes to the computer via blutooth and use them for games. However, without a sensor bar (like on the Wii), can you still point at the screen?

For example, in games like Mario Party 8, there are many mini games which pointing at certain parts of the screen or drawing shapes with the wiimote is essential. Can you do this through dolphin emulator?

If yes, how does it work without the sensor bar?
The wiimote has a ir camera in it. The sensor bar is only 2 ir light sources in this case LED.

Wiimote works as pointer and even as pc mouse for other games (glovepie scripts)

Easy Way: 2 candle as IR lights

Cheap Way: Wire up LEDs from old or useless Remote Controlls. Or buy the LEDs.

Professional way: buy a wireless sensor bar (u might want to check dealextreme.com for this)

Killer Juice

Oh wow. I didn't know the sensor bar was that simple. I thought it tracks the position of the wiimote and sends the info to the wii.

A wireless sensor bar is only $10. I think I'll order one. I'm not too skilled when it comes to physically manipulating hardware (ie. stealing the LED lights from remotes and wiring them to a power source). The candles idea is very clever and innovative, but I don't want to risk damaging my monitor with hot wax for what could just cost $10. Thanks for the tips though Big Grin!

(12-22-2010, 10:51 AM)JackyCola Wrote: [ -> ]The wiimote has a ir camera in it. The sensor bar is only 2 ir light sources in this case LED.

Wiimote works as pointer and even as pc mouse for other games (glovepie scripts)

Easy Way: 2 candle as IR lights

Cheap Way: Wire up LEDs from old or useless Remote Controlls. Or buy the LEDs.

Professional way: buy a wireless sensor bar (u might want to check dealextreme.com for this)

a wireless sensor bar would still need batteries, right? I think it would be better to buy a wired sensor bar, cut off its plug and and put in its place a usb plug to serve as the power supply Tongue
Even better: buy directly an usb sensor barAngel
If you have 2 kids you can make them hold IR Remote Controls each on one side of the TV pushing buttons all the time while you play. should work.
(12-23-2010, 08:01 AM)JackyCola Wrote: [ -> ]If you have 2 kids you can make them hold IR Remote Controls each on one side of the TV pushing buttons all the time while you play. should work.

Or you can light their hair on fire.
The flames will emit enough infrared for you to get at least through the intro screen on twilight princess
Picture

I solved it this way.
(12-23-2010, 09:01 PM)lambdan Wrote: [ -> ]Picture

I solved it this way.

srsly lol ^^
I'm too lazy to arrange the lights. I just point to my xmas tree. lolz
Pages: 1 2