Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Anyone have an Asus g73jh rbbx05??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi im new to the dolphin scene and was wondering if anyone had one of these laptops. Some games i run perfectly fine but there are many with slowdowns and inconsistent fps. Those games are goldeneye 007, dk country, and mario galaxy 2. Is it mainly because my processor is weak? Can i find a tut for this laptops overclocking? If anyone else has this laptop could you tell me the config you usedto play these games? Dk country runs 75% speed consistently with 45-50 fps running and golden even worse. Super mario galaxy runs 100% but caps the same at 45-50 fps making it feel slow. Any help would be appreciated. Btw i try to get the most recent Rev whenever possible.

Intel I7 720 1.6ghz
ati radeon 5870
6gb ddr3
1. It's normal. Every game has slowdowns from time to time and yes, your CPU is a little weak, you'd need ~3.4GHz or more and your CPU supports only 2.6 with Turbo boost.

2. I wouldn't recommend overclocking a Laptop, for the simple reason, that a Laptop is generally hotter than a Desktop, and for overclocking a Desktop you'll already have to buy a new CPU-fan (your Laptop would run maybe 1 hour and then it'd shut down, because of overheating-protection)

3. Did you try deactivating AA?
personally i own this laptop and it work fine, simply is about experimenting with settings on dolphin. Every game that i tested on dolphin simply work 60fps
including smbb, SMG 1 &2

oveclocking a laptop?
it possible by modifying Power4Gear (program that includes in the laptop)
instead 2.8 ghz i have it @ 3.2ghz
but i dont suggest it because it kills the
battery.

and there is no reason to deactivate AA

I also forgot to say that you to upgrade the bios because when ASUS
released this laptop they installed faulty bios that doesn't give the most at of the laptop.
(i believe the old bios causes amd catalyst to malfunction)
can you tell me what your settings are for SMG 1/2, everytiem i go to the main thread about it i just keep finding the wrong settings or i fiddle way too much. After i restart my computer dolphin ceases function and won't open, then i have to get a new rev ;/
Settings:

Use DX9 plugin because is more reliable
with normal settings
uncheck audio throttle
Framelimit: OFF
check Lock threads to cores (when using xenofears revision )

also to get revision that is optimize SSE4.1
i suggest xenofears because when the first time
i started to use it and it increase performance in dolphin

BrunoPato

I have an Asus G73JH and i can't run dolphin games in 60 FPS... tried everything, a lot of versions of dolphin, tried updating my drivers, doing repaste, eeeevry config on dolphin and i can't play it on 60 fps.... what should i do?

(12-22-2010, 02:02 AM)knglrk Wrote: [ -> ]personally i own this laptop and it work fine, simply is about experimenting with settings on dolphin. Every game that i tested on dolphin simply work 60fps
including smbb, SMG 1 &2

oveclocking a laptop?
it possible by modifying Power4Gear (program that includes in the laptop)
instead 2.8 ghz i have it @ 3.2ghz
but i dont suggest it because it kills the
battery.

and there is no reason to deactivate AA

I also forgot to say that you to upgrade the bios because when ASUS
released this laptop they installed faulty bios that doesn't give the most at of the laptop.
(i believe the old bios causes amd catalyst to malfunction)

i7 720QM is too slow for dolphin . See :
http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/Core_i7/In...20QM).html
Quote:Turbo frequency :
2800 MHz (1 core)
2400 MHz (2 cores)
1733 MHz (3 or 4 cores)
Dolphin use 2 cores , it should have turbo boost 2.4GHz
Most games will run slow on it unless you overclock . You can do like his suggestion or pay for SetFSB to overclock - Do at your own risk because overclocking might kill a laptop