Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: How to enable 3d vision?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(12-22-2010, 08:12 AM)Diddy Kong Wrote: [ -> ]Is a 120hrz monitor necessary or reccomended?
wondering..

No, the image is rendered in 2 images of different colours.
All you need are those red/cyan glasses and a well calibrated screen (if the colours are not calibrated correctly, you won't see much 3D)
That depends if you're talking about anaglyph (3d discover) or 3d vision (stereoscopic rendering). 3d vision REQUIRES a refresh rate of 100hz or higher. But for anaglyph yeah it doesn't matter.
We're still talking about Dolphin's 3D vision, aren't we?
Don't tell me Dolphin is using +120Hz 3D?
(12-23-2010, 06:39 PM)Nolonar Wrote: [ -> ]We're still talking about Dolphin's 3D vision, aren't we?
Don't tell me Dolphin is using +120Hz 3D?

ROFL, it's not Dolphin that change the Hz, every Vidoe Card and Monitor combinations have a different Hz available, for example, my monitor could get up to 120 Hz with my old Video Card, now with a new one it get's 100 max. CRT Monitors still beat all those plasmas in maximum Hz avaliable. My old CRT could get 200 Hz lol, now with my new plasma at work it goes up to a 85 max.

(12-23-2010, 07:15 PM)Bludger Wrote: [ -> ]ROFL, it's not Dolphin that change the Hz, every Vidoe Card and Monitor combinations have a different Hz available, for example, my monitor could get up to 120 Hz with my old Video Card, now with a new one it get's 100 max. CRT Monitors still beat all those plasmas in maximum Hz avaliable. My old CRT could get 200 Hz lol, now with my new plasma at work it goes up to a 85 max.

I never said Dolphin would "change the Hz"...
There's just this very popular 3D technology that requires the screen to run with at least 100Hz (or 120Hz) where you also need LCD glasses with IR reciever.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LC_shutter_glasses

And there's this 3D technology used by Dolphin, that only requires those red/cyan glasses.
It's called Anaglyph sterescopy: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anaglyph_image
So I'm guessing dolphin actually uses 3D discover (anaglyph) and just calls it 3d vision even though that's not the correct term?
Judging from the Youtube-vids, it does look a lot like anaglyph...

So, yes I'm basically claiming they messed up with the name Tongue
3D Vision is a Funktion/Driver for nvidiagraphiccards so you must conigurate it in the Nvidia-Systemsteuerung (im in Germany) there
(if you have a proper driverversion, if not update your driver) you can configure it under the option Sterioskopisch 3D-Funktion.
There you can choose either Analgyph (3D-Discover) or 120Hz Display.
In Dolphin Congig:
Directx9 Graphicplugin -> Enhancement -> 3D Vision and activate Fullscreen in the Displaytab (if there isn´t the Option for 3D Vision use a newer rev.
(12-27-2010, 12:56 AM)Spielewürfel Wrote: [ -> ]Nvidia-Systemsteuerung

If you wonder what it means, it's the Nvidia Control Panel.
Should anyone tranlate it completly in English as a guide for other users.
Pages: 1 2