Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Video Question...Noob here
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hey all,

I appologize if this has been explained elsewhere, did a search and couldn't find anything...

My question is this, how do I play games in a native 16:9 mode? I remember when playing game cube, you would have to hold down a button and the game would ask you if you want to run the game in progressive mode which sported a 16:9 view and better picture quality. I have noticed the 16:9 option in the video setting, but that just seems to stretch out the image.

Thanks
In the graphics menu you can select 16:9 (shortcut to graphics is "Gfx next to the config button)

The Undertaker

(03-27-2009, 06:49 AM)FantaXP7 Wrote: [ -> ]hey all,

I appologize if this has been explained elsewhere, did a search and couldn't find anything...

My question is this, how do I play games in a native 16:9 mode? I remember when playing game cube, you would have to hold down a button and the game would ask you if you want to run the game in progressive mode which sported a 16:9 view and better picture quality. I have noticed the 16:9 option in the video setting, but that just seems to stretch out the image.

Thanks

You're wrong.
It's true that, if you old b button during the shows of red Nintendo logo you was allowed to select progressive scan mode.
But this as nothing to do with 16:9 display mode.
Gamecube games are almost all in 4:3.
Some exceptions, as Soul Calibur 2 for example, you can select 16:9 display from option>video>16:9.

I would also remember you that this is a Gamecube emulator, not a real Gamecube.
And the only consoles allowing players to decide from bios 4:3 or 16:9 display mode it was Playstation2 and X-Box.

Hopefully this long answer will be useful for all noobs here around.

The Undertaker
(03-27-2009, 07:22 AM)The Undertaker Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-27-2009, 06:49 AM)FantaXP7 Wrote: [ -> ]hey all,

Thanks

You're wrong.
It's true that, if you old b button during the shows of red Nintendo logo you was allowed to select progressive scan mode.
But this as nothing to do with 16:9 display mode.
Gamecube games are almost all in 4:3.
Some exceptions, as Soul Calibur 2 for example, you can select 16:9 display from option>video>16:9.

I would also remember you that this is a Gamecube emulator, not a real Gamecube.
And the only consoles allowing players to decide from bios 4:3 or 16:9 display mode it was Playstation2 and X-Box.

Hopefully this long answer will be useful for all noobs here around.

The Undertaker

Yes, thank you this is what I was interested in. That was my point, I realize that there were a handful that actually supported a 16:9 mode and I was wondering if I could just have those be played in wide screen and have the the 4:3 native ones stay 4:3 and not be stretched out.

I assume that this is not possible...