Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: "Can't create opengl renderer" - sorry its another one...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

marc0polo

Hey guys,

Recently I've installed Dolphin (version 3089 32Bit). After a bit of tinkering with directx 9, i managed to make my plugins work out, but as I tried to run Super Smash Bros. Melee, and error message came up:

''Can't create opengl render. You might be missing some required opengl extensions, check the log for more info.''

This is what the logs give me:

42:52:107 N: BOOT Loading Settings from ./User/Config/Dolphin.ini
42:52:122 N: BOOT Starting application
42:52:169 N: BOOT Loading Settings from ./User/Config/Dolphin.ini
42:52:169 W: COMMON IsDirectory: stat failed on ./USER/WII/TITLE/00000001/00000002/CONTENT: The system cannot find the path specified.

42:53:815 N: BOOT Booting C:\!children\LaWrY\not/Super Smash Bros Melee.iso
42:53:848 N: OSREPORT (PC=81200308) OSReport: Apploader Initialized. $Revision: 28 $.
42:53:849 N: OSREPORT (PC=81200324) OSReport: This Apploader built Nov 30 2001 13:36:06

I tried this several times... and i can't seem to figure it out. Any help would be appreciated.

Here are my specs anyway, just in case:

BIOS Version: Phoenix Technologies, LTD V1.05
Processor: Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU 3.00 GHz
Installed Physical Memory (RAM): 2.00 GB
Graphics Card: Intel® G33/G31 Express Chipset Family

Thanks again.

-edit: Upon reflection, I don't even know why dolphin would want to access the Wii folder - isn't SSBM for gamecube?
You have an integrated Intel graphics chipset. They're not supported for running games with the OpenGL plugin. Due to the fact they don't support OpenGL 2.1. You can use the Direct3D plugin, but it's very buggy and broken right now. Or find a post from LuisR14 and click on the link in his signature to download a working one (feeling to lazy to do it myself, but it's easy to find one). Albeit it won't run as well as the OpenGL. Your only other option is to try to upgrade your graphics card.
no the thing is that whit opengl you have to turn dualcore on if you don't the same messege will come up again and again
hahaga, that is wrong advice (which you have gotten in trouble for in the past as well as for spamming the boards). Intel graphics chipsets don't support OpenGL 2.1 and that's why it causes the error. You can even read about it in the Dolphin Requirements. Enabling Dual Core will NOT fix it.

Not only am I speaking just from common sense, but I have the same Intel® G33/G31 Express Chipset in my computer. Obviously enabling dual core didn't do anything to fix that problem. I ended up buying a new graphics card with OGL 2.1 support.
I had the same problem and it was because of I didn't turn on dualcore and ive heard a lot of people saying that fixed there problem so i tried.

LuisR14

well that could just be for the people that already have an Ogl 2.1 supporting video card that had that problem Smile

(also i posted here for easier access of link Tongue)
(05-18-2009, 01:14 AM)envisaged0ne Wrote: [ -> ]hahaga, that is wrong advice (which you have gotten in trouble for in the past as well as for spamming the boards). Intel graphics chipsets don't support OpenGL 2.1 and that's why it causes the error. You can even read about it in the Dolphin Requirements. Enabling Dual Core will NOT fix it.

Not only am I speaking just from common sense, but I have the same Intel® G33/G31 Express Chipset in my computer. Obviously enabling dual core didn't do anything to fix that problem. I ended up buying a new graphics card with OGL 2.1 support.

he's correct really
i just CANT play dolphin on single core
and that on my Geforce 8600 GT that supports 3.0 ...
Yeap, and I can see where it could be useful information for people using single cores (or even Dual Cores) with graphic cards supporting ogl 2.1 or higher. I probably would have suggested trying it myself. But in this case where the original poster stated he's using a dual core 3.0 and has the G31/G33 Intel chipset, then that was not the appropriate advice.

cmccmc

yeah that fixes it. But usually if you have a compatible graphics card all you need to do is reinstall the drivers to fix it. Just uninstall them then reinstall

marc0polo

Ahh... I see

Thanks guys - maybe I'll just have to get myself a new graphics card *sighs*
Pages: 1 2