Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: two suggestion to fix games like Fragile and Zack & Wiki
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I've noticed in some games (Fragile and Zack & Wiki, for exemple) a small problem that make them unplayable : Very high FPS and black screens incrusted between the real game images...

I have a little suggestion to fix this problem :

- Adding in the ini of the games an option : "limit the fps displayed" (for exemple 30 instead of 60), but I'm not sure that this will fix the problem, because the sound is correct, so the speed is also correct...

- Actually, the fix that I suggest, is to add an option in the inis : "dont display black screens", so, before displaying each frame, a test is done on the frame ; if its pure black, then do not display it... this should fix the disturbing blacks screens in Fragile ect.

I dont know if these two fix are hard to implement, but its definitly something to try Smile

Thanks in advance Tongue
up please ? :p

LuisR14

(05-17-2009, 09:09 PM)orbb Wrote: [ -> ]- Adding in the ini of the games an option : "limit the fps displayed" (for exemple 30 instead of 60), but I'm not sure that this will fix the problem, because the sound is correct, so the speed is also correct...
i would rather have this as a global frame limiter Smile (and the sound is always going to play perfect even at faster than fullspeed, that's how i've noticed it Undecided)

(05-17-2009, 09:09 PM)orbb Wrote: [ -> ]- Actually, the fix that I suggest, is to add an option in the inis : "dont display black screens", so, before displaying each frame, a test is done on the frame ; if its pure black, then do not display it... this should fix the disturbing blacks screens in Fragile ect.
this could cause problems Smile (like for fade-in/out screens in games Smile), the black screen you get when you start a game is just something else (corrupted iso, game not supported yet, bad config, bla bla bla Tongue)
Just disable Idle Skpping Smile
hi Smile

I've just tryed Fragile with the lastest SVN, and I activated the FPS display in overlay, I've noticed that the screen dont bug when in the menus (main or ingame) (and the fps is constant 30 fps), but the interleaving black screens appears when ingame, and the fps displayed in overlay is about 150 / 180 fps o.o
So this really seems to be additionnal black screens that are displayed between the real game screens, and cause this problem... that's too bad because the game seems to be perfectly emulated, the 3d is perfect, just this flicking that make me sick -.-

@LuisR14:
I dont think there will be problems with fadings, because the only screens that wont be displayed are pure black, so all the intermediate gray will be displayed :p
And no, its not a constant black screen caused by corrupt dvds, the game run, I can see the 3D and even can play, but the screen flick...

@nosound97:
thanks for the suggestion, but I'm always with this option off :p (when I activate it, the fps decrease...)

So, is there any programmer that can think about this matter ? i really dont know if its hard to implement (I'm a web developper :p and I'm a complete noob about open gl programming), any help will be appreciated Smile

thanks Smile
btw, escuse my poor english >_<
hi, I managed to implement this hack, it fixes Fragile ! here's a new thread with the fix : http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/thread-1459.html

Yure16

In brazilian forum, I read: "PAL are any game with 25FPS". If I limit the FPS to 25, a SSBB NTSC will run?

cmccmc

No, Pal is a region code. That won't make any difference