Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Help SysConf error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

isometadone

this is my error.

I've try many release but the error is always the same
[Image: Dolphin.jpg]

i'm now in r6061
Do you have a valid SYSCONF file in ~/Application Support/Dolphin/User/Wii/shared2/sys?

isometadone

i use mac snow leopard 10.6.5

i'm now in r6061
in /Library/Application/Support/Dolphin/wii there's only a directory "sys" whit inside to it only a file inside "uid.sys"
no words?
Did you compile Dolphin yourself? Try moving the files from the Data-Directory over there - or use a NAND dump from your Wii.

isometadone

i open Dolphin_OSX_intel_r6601.dmg
and get inside application directory the file :-|

Ownbrand

I'm having the same problem - whenever I click on configuration or try to load an iso it comes up with this error 7 times then crashes. Just wondered if anyone has found a solution yet?

I'm running mac osx 10.6.5 and using the Dolphin_OSX_intel_r6655.dmg

Thanks!
Can you try copying the whole "User" folder from Dolphin.app/Contents/Resources/User to ~/Library/Application Support/Dolphin/User?
I think this should be done automatically when the folder doesn't exist, but for some reason you might have some left-over files in there...Maybe just try to delete ~/Library/Application Support/Dolphin, and see if booting the app makes a difference. If not, copy the folder.

Ownbrand

SVN MAC OS X BUILD thread provides a working solution:

skizzo Wrote:
i may have missed some step, but i had to do some strange things (at least i thought they were strange) to get the latest (r6656) working. I downloaded it from your server and did the simple drag and drop of the Dolphin app in the Applications folder. it opens fine, and seemed to run OK. It ran Twilight Princess and Star Fox Assault fine, but when I tried New Super Mario Bros Wii I kept getting "trying to read from invalid SYSCONF" and some other error...which would be followed by Dolphin crashing. also when I tried to use the config window I got the same invalid SYSCONF error....which I could hit OK 7 times and then the config window would finally open. seems odd, but again, im a newb at modern console emulation.

a while back i tried running Dolphin on my PC which is running XP, it is a little slower, getting around 40FPS so I never messed with it again until i got a newer computer. Im now on a Mac Pro Quad-Core, optimized for audio as Im a recording engineer, but also is up to snuff video wise so I wanted to try Dolphin out on this new machine. I noticed after some searching through others issues that it was not creating the needed folders and files that should be located in ~user's/Library/Application Support/Dolphin

it was only creating the folders ~user's/Library/Application Support/Dolphin/Wii and did not have files in them. So i literally copied and pasted the "Wii" folder from a Win32 build that I downloaded months ago to use on my PC, into my Mac Pros Dolphin folder (so it would be ~user's/Library/Application Support/Dolphin/Wii still, but it would actually have the needed folders and files in it) and what would you know....it works now. New Super Mario Bros Wii works fine and the config window opens fine too.

If im just an idiot that missed something Im sorry for wasting your time, but I just thought this was a goofy enough issue I should let you know incase it is something that can be fixed so others don't have to go through the same headaches as I did.

Either way, thanks for making these for OSX!
You might wanna try r6661 and later, soren apparently fixed this thing while I was still looking for it.