Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: How to fix 1 of these problems?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm playing the Wii game "Yu-Gi-Oh Duel Transer" on Dolphin SVN R 4838M ((most) newer versions crash on this game), and it works great. Good graphics, good speed for the most part, and good sound usually.

However, with the sound plugin (the HLE one of course), both DSound and OpenAL cause problems.

DSound is just terrible. It works fine for a moment, but then weird things happen. Sound goes all the way to one side (with soft crackling on the other side), loud crackling on both sides, no music with loud static on both sides (sound effects still work in this case)... this goes on until a duel's completed, but in the next duel a problem appears again... much sooner that time.

OpenAL works great 3/4th of the time, fortunately. But sometimes, the game and music slow down for a short while (the rest of the time, the game runs at 100%). At least, this slowdown doesn't happen with DSound, so I think it's because of OpenAL. A huge improvement over DSound, but still annoying.

Disabling Audio Throttle fixes neither of the problems, and neither does the RE0 Audio Hack. Does anyone know with what settings I could fix 1 of these problems? Of course, only DSound, or only OpenAL would have to work properly.