Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: strange stutter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well skid knows about it, and so do you, and shuffle, and marco, I imagine one of you will eventually get around to fixing it. Especially when I start annoying you about it on irc. If it doesn't get fixed soon I'll start tracking down the cause.
@ naturalviolence

the issue itself has to be with fifo and the jit cache, maybe a combination of those two is causing all the problems, or maybe is one of them only ;P , still is nice to know that is at least a known problem
You guys may have better luck with r6500 or r6000 for now. This is a fifo problem of late. The fifo is stalling due to the code not being correct and not doing what it needs to in the right amount of time. Marcosvital is trying to fix this. There really is nothing to look into or track down unless you know how to tear apart the fifo code. It's being worked on pretty much right now.
Marco is waiting for dok.slade to remove or look into interrupts, I believe in the video interface that is causing massive slowdowns and stuttering issues due to the removal of IsFifoBusy. You can see his reply here:

http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread...#pid126554

Fixing the issues with the new fifo will only account for the stuttering caused by recent changes to the fifo code, however there is other issues that are causing stuttering with some games.
Quote:Fixing the issues with the new fifo will only account for the stuttering caused by recent changes to the fifo code, however there is other issues that are causing stuttering with some games.

Yes but this one causes very noticeable stuttering most of the time in almost all games. This is easily the single biggest problem that dolphin has right now, if it was fixed I could care less about the other more minor causes of stuttering.
Pages: 1 2