Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Wierd slowdown problem ... ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi ;0)

I was wondering if anybody can help me with this problem ..

The thing is that when i play games i have to minimize the screen and then resize every 10 min or so ... or else the game starts to stutter / slowdown ??? When i do this the stutter / slowdown goes away BUT have to do it every 10 min ...

Dolphin version r6541 ( The same with the rest of the versions )

Im on I7 930 4.0 Ghz / GTX 480 / 6 GB tripple channel memory

This espicially concerns Mario Galaxy 2 ...
Are you alt +tabbing in and out of it? It might be clearing the jit and/or shader cache when you do that.
Well yes i have to alt+tab because after 10 min of play its starts to stutter EVEN af 60 FPS ...

Can it be my driver for my GFX ??? ( does the driver actually have any impact on the Dolphin emulator ? )

Also i have a problem with Metroid Prime 3. Its like the game loads to slow and makes really big frame jumps when there are explosions and loud sounds ???
No it's not the drivers. Dolphin has had a stuttering problem for tha past few hundred revisions, you just have to wait until the source is discovered (either fifo, the jit cache, or the shader cache would be my most likely guesses).
Ok thanks for the info ;0)

Ill wait for a better version of the Dolphin before i play any more games on it ....