Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Best USB joystick for general Dolphin use?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is there a recommended USB joystick to go for which will also work with GC games along with Wii games which support the classic controller?

Thanks
xbox 360 controller works fine.

However because the d-pad sucks I just bought this: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51xdy9ODV5L.jpg

Awesome d-pad on that. Obviously no analogue sticks so yeah, for all round use the xbox controller is good.

Cheers. Smile
I use a dual shock 2 and 3 and it works great.
I use a playstation 2 joystick with a ps2 to usb conver and it works great
which controller can take more abuse than the usual? ps2 or xbox?
I think the best way is a GC controller. I use one myself and it works also great for Wii games. But the best you could do is spend some money and buy a GC controller and also a real wiimote. That's my combination and it sure is the best. It is also not very expensive since there are plenty real wiimotes on ebay which work great and only cost around 20euros. A GC pad is also quite cheap. So there you goBig Grin
(12-15-2010, 07:48 AM)Balupu Wrote: [ -> ]I think the best way is a GC controller. I use one myself and it works also great for Wii games. But the best you could do is spend some money and buy a GC controller and also a real wiimote. That's my combination and it sure is the best. It is also not very expensive since there are plenty real wiimotes on ebay which work great and only cost around 20euros. A GC pad is also quite cheap. So there you goBig Grin

I use a cheapo orange controller from gamestop with a great D-pad (20$) for any games that need a good d-pad and a wired Xbox controller for anything else (30$)
(12-15-2010, 07:48 AM)Balupu Wrote: [ -> ]I think the best way is a GC controller. I use one myself and it works also great for Wii games. But the best you could do is spend some money and buy a GC controller and also a real wiimote. That's my combination and it sure is the best. It is also not very expensive since there are plenty real wiimotes on ebay which work great and only cost around 20euros. A GC pad is also quite cheap. So there you goBig Grin

Thanks.

So if I bought a GC controller, which USB adapter is the best one to use with it?

I already have a Wiimote, Nunchuk and M+ as I have a Wii - I'm experimenting with Dolphin as it's fun. Smile
I have THIS one. I use it already for more than five years so it works very well for me. You have many option and can calibrate the joystick with newest drivers. I think there is not much to say, since it is just an adapterSmile
Pages: 1 2