Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Nextronics Sensor Bar USB feedback requested
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,

I recently got Dolphin working on my pc(new super mario bros runs great) and first wanted to thank the guys behind the development, it really is amazing!

I want to try getting the full thing to work with a sensor bar. Searching through the forums, I saw Nextronics Sensor Bar USB being mentioned. I really didn't see much feedback and was hoping if you all could please answer some questions for me.

1) How easy is it to set up? In terms of letting PC recognize device and setting in Dolphin?

2) Is it reliable? How long have you had it?

3) what is the difference between the nextronics sensor bar HD and the standard?

4) Is this the correct site to get it from? http://www.videogamebundle.com/index.html

Thanks!
Any sensor bar should work.

The type of connection does not matter at all since the sensor bar doesn't communicate with the PC/Wii, it uses the connection just to power the circuit.

In fact, even candles at the top of your monitor would work well, since they also emit infrared light.

I am using a homemade USB sensor bar and it works perfectly, see it below:

[Image: 08122010073.jpg]
Ok so as long as I have a sensor bar powered up, it shouldn't matter. So if the sensor bar is set up, do I have to do anything extra in Dolphin or automatically it should work?

thanks for your info so far!
(12-13-2010, 11:11 AM)blkhatpersian Wrote: [ -> ]Ok so as long as I have a sensor bar powered up, it shouldn't matter. So if the sensor bar is set up, do I have to do anything extra in Dolphin or automatically it should work?

thanks for your info so far!

It will work automatically. All the "sensor" bar does is to emit IR light in two points separated by 19cm, all the data acquisition and transmission is done by the wiimote, that has a IR camera on its tip.
awesome, thank you so much Smile
I just bought one of these things last week and it works great.