Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: is it useful using the 64 bit version?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
As a title of topic is useful or no?
depend some game run better in 64 but you can run 32 or 64 somegame dont work on 64 but if it work it go more fast
I disagree.
32 Bits and 64 BIts versions are almost the same.
Lately, i've noticed 0% of difference between the tow versions, they are equally faster.
The JITIL core for DolphinIL.exe(x86) is normally said to be about the same speed as the standard Dolphin.exe(x64), so at the moment theres not much in it.
x64 build usually runs most games about 10 - 15 FPS faster than the x86 and x86 JITIL builds with my Core2Duo E8500.

Generally there isn't much of a difference though. Wink
yeah because 10 - 15 FPS are nothing at all Tongue

i noticed games not running full speed at all time with the x86 core, for example brawl, runs constant fullspeed with x64 tho
Well Sonic Adventure 2 and some other games run about 8 - 15 FPS slow on x86 than x64, 45 - 50 FPS on SA2 in the intro and levels with x86 as opposed to 60 FPS with the x64 build.
Certainly, x64 version is faster in some cases, though it doesn't run some games like Metal Gear twin snakes; some other games just seem to be the same in both versions (RE remake) and other games show remarkable speed boosts (RE 0) if there were a JITIL for x64 version games like RE remake would run smoother, not to mention that games that run already nice, would run better since, as far as I've been told, the JITIL exe is quite faster than the normal exe. :p

LuisR14

(05-18-2009, 03:41 AM)jusaki Wrote: [ -> ]if there were a JITIL for x64 version
there's already one Smile

(05-18-2009, 03:41 AM)jusaki Wrote: [ -> ]would run better since, as far as I've been told, the JITIL exe is quite faster than the normal exe. :p
well the JITIL afaik is just only to make the program as fast as the x64 version on 32-bit PCs Smile (so i don't think it will give any effect)
for my is 64x faster then 32x
Pages: 1 2