Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Slow game speed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Nightfury

I'm trying to play Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (gamecube version) on dolphin and currently the game speed is too low to play.
The speed drops to 30% and 10fps, making it almost impossible to play.

I'm not sure how to fix this, maybe i haven't got the settings right for the game?
Or it could just be that my laptop isn't good enough to run dolphin efficiently? These are my specs:

- Intel HD graphics
- Intel Core i3-330M Processor
- 4 GB RAM
- 64bit Windows 7
You will need a dual core 3Ghz to get 25 FPS (Max is 27-30FPS in Framelimit).Although it's i3 , speed 2.13GHz is just too slow and Intel HD (onboard) pull the FPS ways slower
Your laptop isn't that bad but it can't handle modern gaming (For example, try run Starcraft 2 without lag at medium setting)
Quote:- Intel HD graphics

You'll never be able to achieve playable speed with that gpu.

Nightfury

So what would be a better gpu to have playable speed?
I originally wanted the laptop to have an Nvidia gfx card and would like it to have one as it should have been built with one.

Also, not saying starcraft2 as i don't own it, but i can play alot of recent games without getting lag at medium graphics
Any ATI graphics card in the HD3xxx, HD4xxx, HD5xxx or better will be fine. Obviously others will work, but for best results you want the best card you can possibly get. Nothing against Nvidia, they work well too, but I'm not an Nvidia fan.
Yeah but emulators require more than eqvivalent PC games...