Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Haha! Solve the Sensor bar problem :D
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I still have my Wii, so whenever I want to play a Wii emu, I'll just turn on the Wii, and place my sensor bar at a comfortable position. That way I can keep my Wii Sensor Bar without candles or making another one Big Grin
I do this all the time !
I'm not following..

toto1er_

Guys i don't get it. So many threads regarding the "motes" and the sensor bar. I think it could be great to sticky something regarding this very point.

I'm not sure that so many people know that the "wiimotePLUS" works like a charm connected via bluetooth to a pc and motion detection works too and WITHOUT any sensor bar ...
Lol

You still need a sensor bar or equivalent to use the pointer ^^ 0+0
(12-08-2010, 01:58 AM)toto1er_ Wrote: [ -> ]Guys i don't get it. So many threads regarding the "motes" and the sensor bar. I think it could be great to sticky something regarding this very point.

I'm not sure that so many people know that the "wiimotePLUS" works like a charm connected via bluetooth to a pc and motion detection works too and WITHOUT any sensor bar ...

how does the "motion detection works too and WITHOUT any sensor bar"?? for example in Epic Mickey how would you point and aim the controller without a sensor bar? direction or a link would be appreciated.
(12-08-2010, 01:58 AM)toto1er_ Wrote: [ -> ]Guys i don't get it. So many threads regarding the "motes" and the sensor bar. I think it could be great to sticky something regarding this very point.

Explain...Wii needs SOME type of IR light for the Wiimote to successfully work. How the hell would it work without any?
well, for some games you don't need the IR lights because not all games need the pointer. For games that do, though, you do need a sensor bar or an equivalent (two candles do the job nicely).
Examples? New Super Mario Bros doesn't need it, Epic Mickey does.

toto1er_

well don't get me wrong, i was above all talking about the fact that many questions are based on motion sensor, usb sensors (soldered or not), wiimote or wiimote + and it is not easy to find out answers but i'm a total noob Big Grin

As i can see it, or you need to "point" or you need to "move" right ?

So i can only tell that indeed the wiimote plus is at least enough for the "motion detection", in wiisports eg.

ettore

2 IR LEDs that you can cut them out of remotes if you want, and a suitable battery (the LEDs out of my busted Alpine remotes are 1.2v coincidentally). My lightbar stopped working one day on my Wii (a few months before the whole thing kicked the bucket) and the LEDs worked much better.