Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Any suggestions for a new video card
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Caillte

Hey y'all,

I'm building my first pc and I was wondering what some of you seasoned gamers thought I should get as far as video cards go.

I have Windows 7 Home Premium (64 bit), 8 gb DDR3 ram and a AMD Phenom II(x6) 1090T that I will be using for the system.

I would like to get an ATI video card, and I was considering the HIS H567Q1GD Radeon HD 5670 IceQ Video Card. Will that do?

Thank you for any suggestions. This is my first post!
depends on your budget.

since you already bought a 6 core system, why go with a crappy gpu.

Get at least a 5770 or 5870/6870, or if you can wait & want something that will also play pc games at high settings, wait for the 6900 cards that will release next week
Nvidia: GTX 460 1GB edition or 470 if you can afford it

ATI: 6850, 5850, or 6870 if you can afford it

Anything up to the $180-250 price range is usually slightly more money for a massively faster video card (for example a $60 card will be several times as fast as a $40 card, an $80 will be several times as fast as that etc.). Once you get past $250 it's usually the other way around, a lot more money for a slightly faster card. And this generation is no different, $180-250 has the perfect performance per dollar.
GIGABYTES 470 SUPEROVER CLOCK VERISON FOR 20 DOLLARD IS VERY NICE WITH THREE FAN IS TEMP IS NOT SO BAD AS 470SOC IS ONLY 72 C LOAD COMPARED TO 470 90 C LOAD AND IT CAN OC VERY VERY MUCH