Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Macbook Pro '13 2010 running Windows 7 - Low Frame Rates
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can someone help me find the correct configuration settings for the Nvidia GeForce 320M (Macbook Pro '13 Spring 2010) so I can get good looking graphics or at least low quality graphics at full speed...

I keep playing Fatal Frame 4 and in many spots i get low fps during ingame movies and alot of animation happening on the screen at once... and Sonic Colors Menus won't show up... sometime the game won't pass the SEGA intro video. All the WiiWare games work fine (Sonic 4 kinda chuggs a bit)

Dolphin Emulator SVN R 6521

Current Configuration:

General Tab:
Enabled Dual Core
Enabled Idle Skipping
Frame Limit 60 (Fatal Frame only needs 30)
Skip GC Bios
Jit Re-compiler

Display Tab:
Full Screen Res 640x480 (I'm always in Full Screen)
Hidden Mouse Cursor (Lack of sensor bar and mouse gets in the way)
Enabled Progressive Scan (Works better with it on)
Set Console to NTSC-J
Use Panic Handlers

Wii Tab:
Use EURGB60 Mode (PAL60)
Aspect Ratio 16:9

Plugins Tab:
DirectX3D9 -
General Tab:

Adaptor: Nvidia GeForce 320M
Aspect Ratio: 16:9
Widescreen Hack
Anisotropic Filtering 2x
Load Native Minimaps
EFB Scaled Copy
EFB Scale - Integral [Reccomended]
Enable CPU Access
Copy Enabled - Texture (Slower on Ram)

Advanced Tab:

Disabled Fog, Lighting, & Dest. Alpha Pass
Show FPS
Enable OpenCL

So what changes should I make?

What cpu? I'm willing to bet your cpu won't be sufficient to run most games near fullspeed.
(12-06-2010, 09:27 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]What cpu? I'm willing to bet your cpu won't be sufficient to run most games near fullspeed.

Processor: 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Ram: 4GB 1067MHz DDR3

It can run games like Dead Space with the highest settings so how can't it run a emulation of a wii game @ perfect speed or at least close to it
Because emulation isn't the same thing as running a PC game in it's native environment on native hardware. Rolleyes

For emulators such as Dolphin and PCSX2 you really need a beefy CPU, although some games might run fine with that CPU but they are a rarity. Just don't be expecting to get full speed in games such as Super Mario Galaxy, Zelda Twilight Princess and other "heavy" games with your current hardware.
(12-06-2010, 12:24 PM)Xtreme2damax Wrote: [ -> ]Because emulation isn't the same thing as running a PC game in it's native environment on native hardware. Rolleyes

For emulators such as Dolphin and PCSX2 you really need a beefy CPU, although some games might run fine with that CPU but they are a rarity. Just don't be expecting to get full speed in games such as Super Mario Galaxy, Zelda Twilight Princess and other "heavy" games with your current hardware.

Blah that SUCKS!!! lol I was really expecting to play some good games...
Could that be why Sonic Colors won't run? or is that just a configuration issue
Sonic Colors just runs like crap, even on my i7. At least with EFB to Ram it does, EFB to Texture is better but this game really seems demanding or it's an issue with the emulator.
(12-06-2010, 02:36 PM)Xtreme2damax Wrote: [ -> ]Sonic Colors just runs like crap, even on my i7. At least with EFB to Ram it does, EFB to Texture is better but this game really seems demanding or it's an issue with the emulator.

okay thanks Smile
your really helpful...

so far the only games running at full speed are wiiware & Bleach

Spectrobes:origins doesnt work at all
Fatal Frame 4 chuggs (plus i cant find a working english patched version)
The reason I said it runs like crap is because there is a hefty framerate drop, the game is slow with EFB to Ram at least but I managed to get it running ok. The game suffers from a black screen issue with every imaginable configuration.

Games you might want to stick with:

Sonic Adventure DX and SA2: Battle

New Super Mario Bros.

Paper Mario: TTYD

Muramasa: TDB

Super Mario Sunshine

Zelda Windwaker

Other 2D or other non heavy 3D games with minimal 3D geometry. There's no guarantee that the games I mentioned will run that well, but you can try them. Smile
(12-07-2010, 01:34 PM)Xtreme2damax Wrote: [ -> ]The reason I said it runs like crap is because there is a hefty framerate drop, the game is slow with EFB to Ram at least but I managed to get it running ok. The game suffers from a black screen issue with every imaginable configuration.

Games you might want to stick with:

Sonic Adventure DX and SA2: Battle

New Super Mario Bros.

Paper Mario: TTYD

Muramasa: TDB

Super Mario Sunshine

Zelda Windwaker

Other 2D or other non heavy 3D games with minimal 3D geometry. There's no guarantee that the games I mentioned will run that well, but you can try them. Smile

Once again thanks alot Smile
They have a list that shows what games have issues and which ones work perfect that I found... I dont think Paper Mario was on the list but you have been of great help Smile

I hope they fix the issues so more games will work better on my mac