Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Need Dolphin help, please.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Vex

http://www.walmart.com/ip/eMachines-EL13...ewTitleBar
I'm getting that computer soon and was wondering if it will be good enough to run Dolphin correctly at a normal amount of fps.

"Processor Type: AMD Sempron 145
Processor - Clock Speed: 2.8 GHz
Hard Drive Size: 500GB
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Graphics Type: NVIDIA GeForce 6150 SE
System Ram: 2GB
Model No.: EL1352G-01w"

Is that good enough?
Not at all. You won't be able to run a single game properly. That's basically a low end pc from 4 years ago.

Vex

(12-05-2010, 02:03 PM)Link_to_the_past Wrote: [ -> ]Not at all. You won't be able to run a single game properly. That's basically a low end pc from 4 years ago.

It's a windows 7.
While the software is new, the hardware is an underpowered pc from 4 years ago. It will even have trouble handling Windows 7 properly with that graphic card, you will probably have to disable Aero and the graphics effects of Windows 7.

Vex

(12-05-2010, 02:09 PM)Link_to_the_past Wrote: [ -> ]While the software is new, the hardware is an underpowered pc from 4 years ago. It will even have trouble handling Windows 7 properly with that graphic card, you will probably have to disable Aero and the graphics effects of Windows 7.

I spouse your right. Recommend a graphics card for me if you can and other stuff I will need to run Dolphin.
Get a core i3 530 cpu, a gtx450 GPU, 4GByte of ram, windows 7 64bit and a 1 TByte HDD for something relatively cheap and new that will run most games well. Rest are up to you.