Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: How are gonna Wii games run on my pc?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Bullsito

I just wanted to know if my computer is goond enough to run Wii games... here are my specs:
AMD phenom 2 X4 940 3.00 GHz(dual core)
4 GB RAM
Win7 ultimate 64 bits
Nvidia Geforce 295 GTX

Thnx :3
(12-04-2010, 03:06 PM)Bullsito Wrote: [ -> ]I just wanted to know if my computer is goond enough to run Wii games... here are my specs:
AMD phenom 2 X4 940 3.00 GHz(dual core)
4 GB RAM
Win7 ultimate 64 bits
Nvidia Geforce 295 GTX

Thnx :3

It depends on the game. I have a Phenom965 oced to 3.8ghz and some games get close to maxing one of my cores out. So... you may hit your ceiling on some games. I would def. recommend overclocking if you want to run stuff at full speed.
I can validate what the user above said to be valid. I would also advise overclocking to up your chances of getting near full speed

Bullsito

never overclocked my CPU .. is it really safe? ... and i dont really dont know how to do it
How is it a dual core if it's x4 and yes it's harmless of you know what you're doing. Though it may shorten the lifespan.

Bullsito

What's " lifespan" ? sorry, my english isnt very good :S

ok, so, im gonna google it, thx guys :3
It's gonna shorten the life of your CPU. Meaning it will last shorter than it wad made to. And yes use google :B
Your 940 Is BE so overclocking it will be a piece of cake
Anyways I think that you should get 3,6GHZ more or less with a good aftermarket cooler (that's the normal oc out there for C2's)